Michigan guys

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good god it's nasty out there! I went out with the snow blower for about an hour and froze my ass off! Got about 8" here overnight and WIND! Holy cow!

Reminds me of the stories my mom would tell about 1977-78.

Good god it's nasty out there! I went out with the snow blower for about an hour and froze my ass off! Got about 8" here overnight and WIND! Holy cow!

Reminds me of the stories my mom would tell about 1977-78.

Yep!!
Got about a foot last night, and now it's blowin like crazy!

Just had a heck of a pile up north of Benton Harbor. It seems 12 Semi's decided to do the synchronized ditching routine and snarled up all those folks out Christmas shopping.

It's about 6" an hour short and not enough wind to be close to the storm of 78'.
Back then a couple of buds and I camped out in scouts in the winter, and got Caught in that one. Drifted over the tent, and spent an hour digging out the fire to find the utensils and fire pit. The local papers made a big deal out of it..we had a good time.:D No school for over a week!!!

Gonna run to town and then plow my road open.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Still windy here and a lot of people think they just have to go out and do some last minute shopping.

I;m gonna go out and do battle with the snow blower for a few min. again. Should be fun, hehehehe....

Got about another 7-8 inches here since yesterday at this time. It's not as bad as the Feb storm of 2000/2001, but the wind cuts through ya like a knife. I'm using about 30% more wood in the OWB than normal with these 25+ MPH winds. Glad I'm not heating with gas this year :clap: :)

Chris

I'm glad I'm home today,the pig is eating some wood for sure.

I picked the wrong day to remove the built up ash....

We do work for ford land in dearborn/allen park. Sure can move alot of snow with loaders and box plows.

All said and done and we got probably 10" today. I don't have the kinda equipment MIspecial does but here's a shot of my Arctic Cat snowmover from yesterday morning. Prefer using it to my Ford 1600...much faster.

I need a plow for my truck,the old simplicity aint gonna push much more.

A buddy claims he has a 8 or 9 footer that will fit the Ram and I can have it for $300.

I need a plow for my truck,the old simplicity aint gonna push much more.

A buddy claims he has a 8 or 9 footer that will fit the Ram and I can have it for $300.

Thats a good deal for an 8ft plow. Hopefully it will hook right up and work. I have a 8 1/2 western and it moves snow very nice.

He did say the motor was bad,but he has one that he would give me.

I always end up owing this guy something,but it's all good.I get 90% of my firewood from him for $0

Good deal. Even if you had to buy a motor it would be less than $100. My plow froze up today. I had to take the motor off to get to the pump and the filter had ice crystals on it. I cleaned it off and added some dry gas and new fluid and it was good to go.

Last edited:
Apparently now we're under "Blizzard Warning" until tomorrow afternoon. Removed 8"ish average snow from drive this morning, another 5 or so this evening when we got back home from my bro's, and looks to be another 3 or 4 our there right now :laugh: Although it's hard to tell what's new and what is just moved snow due to wind :givebeer:

Thank god I just got that snow blower so I'm not shovel fighting this storm! :greenchainsaw:

At least the wind finially died down, it was whiteout conditions all day yesterday. I got a call to plow the hell driveway last night, 1/4 mile long running north & south on top of a small hill. :dizzy: The plow truck definately earned it's keep! It's usually a 20 minute job at the most, last night was 1 hr, 10 mins. :dizzy: I think the "deep" drift I cleared was close to 4' deep.

Ed

Hey guys...anyone near Lapeer that's looking for wood? Father in Law has probably a cord or two of cherry/maple/beech. Half is couple years old, some I just cut down today. He doesn't have a use for it just cleaning up around his property. Cherry is about 18" diameter on down. I'd take it if I was closer.

Hey guys...anyone near Lapeer that's looking for wood? Father in Law has probably a cord or two of cherry/maple/beech. Half is couple years old, some I just cut down today. He doesn't have a use for it just cleaning up around his property. Cherry is about 18" diameter on down. I'd take it if I was closer.
A good buddy of mines parents live in Lapeer. He just retired and is looking for something to do (he retired when his kid was taken #1 in the NFL draft, go figure?) I'll let him know and maybe get back with you.

abohac, who was his kid if you don't mind my asking? was it this years draft?

Latest posts

Back