microascender vs. friction hitch on lanyards?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tom wrote:
"Hubert is shipping me one of his AFCs. He said that he plans on making a similar unit as a lanyard adjuster. The action of his new tool is similar to the LJ so I think that we might be seeing another new tool soon. Look for more by TCI time."

Then every climber will need three of them. One for the AFC, one for the lanyard, and one for the climbing hitch.

We(arborist's)need a prussic replacement for these three spots, a tool that will work for all three applications. It would be a money maker, if someone could come up with such a tool.

I mentioned th long lanyard to Tobe while they were doing the last catalog. He uses a mesh bag to tend the running end of is lanyard when rec climbing.

I keep the daisey cahin on 2 biners on the gear loop of my saddle I keep enough out of it so that I have a droop on each end of the Grillon coming to my boot top, gives me maybe 3.5-4 yards to play with before messing with the chains. But then my legs are over a yard long:D.

Mike Wendt ties it up in a double fishemans loop of throwline and pulls-tucks as needed, I think I seen a guy do the same with a bungey.

i've tried a throwline prusik for this slack 'tending', but then went this way: (picture).

i think anything that traps the free end could be a problem, but then i'm the only dumb-me using 3 strand, so am the one more sensitive to that issue (of twists getting loccked in).

Latest posts

Back