mid 80's husky

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

028 super

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
When I was young a friend of my Dad's had a husky saw. I do not know the model of it but it was new in 85 or 86 and was about a 50 cc saw I would guess. It had an 18" bar and was closely matched to Dads 028 WB and 028 super. If i new what model it was I would like to look for one as I kind of liked it as a kid and never got to run it. I tried goggling it but came up with nothing. Thanks

Wow that aint much to go on .. what color was the top White, Black, Orange?? I'm not much help, so with that... umm...What did it smell like ?? The way your posts tastes I think it might be a...Ok I have no idea

On another note totally off topic, What boat is in your avatar and where was the picture taken kinda looks like Trenton looking toward Canada from Elizabeth Park maybe

Yep. Not much to go on. I have a Husky 154 that was 54cc back from the 80's. There was also a 49,51, and 55 from that time period.

Sorry I don't have much more to go on. It looks a lot like a 50 rancher but if I remember right it was all orange. The guy was dealing on a stihl 028 super like Dads and the husky and chose the husky. It would run neck and neck with a 028 super. I can't give anymore info. Where could I find a chart of husky saws from about 1986?
The freighter in my picture is the Paul R Tregurtha. The longest ship on the Great Lakes (and the longest record holder) since 1981 at 1013'6". Photo was taken at Port Huron several summers ago. and yes that is Canada across the way, Sarnia/Port Edward Ontario. Ship watching is my other hobby. Just wish I could do more of it.
What were the years of production of the rancher 55 because it looked like that.

There's a Husqvarna 51 on ebay right now, should be about the right time... Could it have been a Husky 55? Not sure when they were produced, but I've owned an 028 wb, and a super, not sure a Husky 50/51 would keep up? Hope this helps...

Thanks , I just needed some numbers to go off of. I am pretty sure it was a 55, possibly a 51. It handled an 18" bar very well. Dad's 028 had a 16" on at the time.
'

Thanks. The big one (395) went away this spring because I got a bad bug for a better mower and the 395 turned into part of the down payment. Really had no legitimate use for it anyway, but it was awful cool to run. Guess I need to update the lineup photo with the new 562 if it runs right on Saturday.

Husky 50 Rancher? White top cover over orange.

...or a black top 50.

Thanks , I just needed some numbers to go off of. I am pretty sure it was a 55, possibly a 51. It handled an 18" bar very well. Dad's 028 had a 16" on at the time.
'
Mid 1980s is too early for the 55 or 51 - it has to be a 50, if it wasn't a 154se (all Orange). A 154 would have been much stronger than an 028 though.....

Latest posts

Back