Midwest GTG March 12th 2011

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
valekbrothers

valekbrothers

ArboristSite Guru
So far plans are still written in sand. But, at least it still looks promising.
GPT, how many trees you looking at tipping over? Do I need to pick up any extra wedges?

I don't know how many GOL'ers will be there, but I'm thinking some sort of felling accuracy test......

Still hoping to see you all there....

Philbert

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
. AS Supporting Member.
Additional Visitor ?

I can't guarantee it, but I am hoping to bring out a guy to demo the Oregon PowerSharp, self-sharpening chain system.

There have been a couple of threads on it here on A.S., and this would give guys a chance to try it out.

BTW - I am also planning on bringing some 'breakfast pastries' to the GTG. These are easy for me to transport and seemed to be popular the last time I brought them. I plan on arriving between 8 and 9AM.

Look forward to seeing you all.

Philbert

Beefie

Beefie

Addicted to ArboristSite
Right now the forecast shows 27 degrees for the 12th so we might not have to wear hip waders. Not sure if I will make it out for the GOL, right now all I can think about is the safety meeting Friday night and Breakfast at T-Dawgs.:msp_thumbup:

Boy now I really wish I could go . I forgot about the Friday night Safety Meeting, there is always could safty topics to discuss.:hmm3grin2orange:

Beefie

wi50

ArboristSite Operative
well I just may need to find some gas and sharpen a chain. Don't know if I've ran a saw since last years GTG.

what's this meeting Fri night at T-Dawgs? I just may need to venture out.

What should I bring? Cheap booze, suppressed weapons, women with low self esteem and a few saws? Anything else?

For kicks JD and Heavy, look on youtube and type up "marty nelson" I had a friend make up a short video clip of my other hobby, and old pulling tractor that I haven't ran for a few years now and have been working on this winter.