Might not be around for a while

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobL

No longer addicted to AS
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
My wife and soul mate (Amanda) of 46 years died suddenly on Sunday and I am pretty shattered. I have a son and daughter-in-law and two wonderfull grandkids, 9 siblings, 8 in-laws, 30 nieces and nephews, 21 great nieces and nephew, great neighbours and friends, but have never felt so alone. The house is full of Amanda's arts, crafts and nicknacks so the memories of her are very strong and at times over whelming. Eventually I hope to eventually get back to contribution to these forums.

My wife and soul mate (Amanda) of 46 years died suddenly on Sunday and I am pretty shattered. I have a son and daughter-in-law and two wonderfull grandkids, 9 siblings, 8 in-laws, 30 nieces and nephews, 21 great nieces and nephew, great neighbours and friends, but have never felt so alone. The house is full of Amanda's arts, crafts and nicknacks so the memories of her are very strong and at times over whelming. Eventually I hope to eventually get back to contribution to these forums.
sorry to hear Bob,,,not good....prayers for uuu.. mourning will take some time

Take all the time you need, grieve and heal! Losing your partner will happen to all of us and no one knows how it will affect us until it actually happens. Sounds like you have a large support group to help you navigate these troubled times, please don't be shy about utilizing them, I'm sure they are more than willing and able to lend a helping hand. Time will not fix all, but it will become more manageable,as you adjust. The guys here are always available round the clock to lend an ear, they've helped me through some pretty rough times here lately, it's what keeps me around!

Bob, my Sincerest Condolences 💐

I can’t imagine what you must be feeling

My Wife and I have only been Married for 13 years, a fraction of the time you and Amanda shared.

A little over a year ago, my Wife Rae, had a terrible bout with Covid, she spent 3 nights in the hospital on oxygen. I drove her to the hospital, they met us at the ER doors, after I parked the car, they wouldn’t let me in with her.

I was home with Covid myself, I wasn’t allowed to visit her, only got limited, infrequent phone calls, I had no idea how long she would be in the hospital, or if she would ever come home. I can’t tell you, and am not ashamed to admit how many tears I shed, not knowing if I would ever see or hold her again, it was touch and go, even the doctors couldn’t tell me anything.

The thought of my life without her, left me with the Emptiest, Loneliest feelings I have ever felt, and likely will feel until her time truly does come

More than a year later, she is still on supplemental oxygen, but I have her home with me, and Cherish Every Day that we get Together

I am not very active on the Milling forum, but know what you contribute to it. My Heart goes out to you in this trying time. I know that you will never forget Amanda, and that you will Treasure the memories you two created and shared. May the Day that the ache in your Heart subsides to a more tolerable level, come sooner, rather than later

Doug

Well said. Come back for a yak about chainsaws, when the Kleenex is gone...Make it a great day.

Back