Milled a couple of logs this weekend

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
glad to see ya back in action jd. that's a solid looking chicken coop. :msp_thumbup: how's the mill construction coming along?

glad to see ya back in action jd. that's a solid looking chicken coop. :msp_thumbup: how's the mill construction coming along?

Slow. It seems every time I go to work on it, something else comes up. On the plus side I have the saw for it almost paid off and waiting to be picked up. At least I have the Alaskan and the mini mill, which will still get used when I can't get this mill where I need it to go. I am thinking more that the new mill will be much faster for yard and edge of field milling.

Looks like a worthy chicken coop.

I'm thinking to mill some Engelmann spruce, just to say I've done it. I have no experience with it, so I don't know what to expect. I'm thinking to use it for barn siding.

Looks like a worthy chicken coop.

I'm thinking to mill some Engelmann spruce, just to say I've done it. I have no experience with it, so I don't know what to expect. I'm thinking to use it for barn siding.

I know you will take some pics of that one. Those were Colorado Blue spruce that I milled, we have quite a bit of that here along with white spruce and of course the hardwoods. The blue spruce has come to the area as a result of people liking to plant them in fields and yards. They are a great species that seem to withstand to climate changes here better than a lot of our native trees.

I like it! Gf pushing me to build one.

Nothing better than farm fresh eggs. We raise pretty much all of our meat here and a good portion of our veggies too. Kind of nice and saves a lot of money on food. My wife is a closet hippy at heart so she has us eating all the organic stuff she can force down us. It's pretty good once you get used to it. Good thing we raise beef so I can enjoy a good steak now and then.

Ya gotta do it like this...
188936d1309314486-0625111151-jpg

Nice chicken coop you did there!

I was just visiting a friend this past weekend and he cleaned up 23 chickens, took them about 2 hours. These were not egg layers, but they did have a bunch of egg layers. That seems like a great resource to have, egg layin' chickens...

Latest posts

Back