Milling Honey Locust

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to pass up so much wood here because fire wood is just not worth it

aggiewoodbutchr

thats a GB mill right ?

The mill in the photos in this thread are an Alaskan mill.

If you do a search for GB Mill it will bring up many threads with close up pictures, including a few threads on modifications I did to mine.

It's funny, milling with a chainsew seems to attract an audience no matter where you are. I live pretty much in the sticks but I still get neighbors, delivery drivers, etc. asking what I'm doing with all those logs.

Same here... most folks just have no clue what milling lumber is all about, or that it can be done right in their yard. With both the csm and the Ripsaw, I always draw a crowd if people are just walking by or are close enough to hear it and get curious what tree work is being done. Then come the inevitable thousand questions they hit you with as soon as you turn off the saw for a minute... "how much does one of them cost?" ... "what are you gonna do with those boards?" ..."will my chainsaw work on one of them?" ..."where did ya learn to do that?" btw, I often direct them to AS and tell them to search on csm, Granberg, GB or Ripsaw.

Back