Milling in the sunny Shuswap (2)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Milling in the sunny Shuswap

The last bunch.....We broke this log into mostly 8' x 4"/6"/8" x 24" cants and milled later on at home. My stack is still in cant form - I've milled some into 5/4 stock and have got some nice vertical grain (VG) clears out of it.

I don't hunt but I've always liked the shot of the hunter with his kill....oh well if killing trees and milling lumber is yer thing, then count me in.

Again... my mouth is watering over that clear doug fir... it doesn't get better than that. Beautiful wood. Thanks for the pics.

Nice square cant. Keep um coming. What do you do with your boards?

attachment.php

Nice pics

Beautiful scenery and beautiful work. Thanks for posting those....Never been to BC but got close once around Glacier NP....Your area is beautiful

WOW!!! Incredible view, and incredible trees. Right now I'm thinking why the heck I'm sweltering through another 95 deg, 100% humidity virginia summer?! So how's that dual citizenship thing work again? God the pacific northwest is gorgeous.

WOW!!! Incredible view, and incredible trees. Right now I'm thinking why the heck I'm sweltering through another 95 deg, 100% humidity virginia summer?! So how's that dual citizenship thing work again? God the pacific northwest is gorgeous.

The Shuswap is a ways from the ocean, 200 miles or so as the crow flies. It gets real hot there as well, not so humid so its bearable.

The Shuswap is a ways from the ocean, 200 miles or so as the crow flies. It gets real hot there as well, not so humid so its bearable.

The Shuswap is definitely a nice place in the summer. It doesn't get really hot here - a couple of weeks into the 90's but we generaly average the upper 70's into the mid 80's. And it is drier as clearance noted...the humidity only really gets up there when the weather changes or the thunder cells come through. Its been a mild summer compared to the past few with little to no forest fire activity in this area.

Come rent a house boat and check it out for yourselves. The Shuswap is the houseboat capital of the world.

Welcome to AS!

Awesome pics! Nice scenery.

What are your plans for the lumber?

Well....in the short term it will go into my shed where my tractor and other things are slowly being forced out. I've got some plans for some Shaker style blanket chests for my daughters. The back door area of our house needs some built in benches and such. Its such a nice wood to work with and developes such a nice golden orange color with time.

So many things to do...so few hours in the day.

Nice hobby horse

Nice job on the rocking horse... Got any contact info on a houseboat rental?? thanks

Back