Mini GTG in Ky

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a good day, altho it started out on shaky ground. Left the long bar for my 372 at home and had to turn around and go get it, and then I put my camera on Kerry's truck and it fell off when the truck was moved around. Amazing that it didn't get run over. Next time I will bring more to drink too. 7 20oz gatorades for 3 guys for 6 hours is just bad math. Good thing Kerry had some water. Then when I went to mill a Walnut log that Kerry had brought down, about 12" into the first cut smoke started pouring out of my 041 from the flywheel side vents and it had no power in the cut at all, :help: so I finished up with Kerry's 441. That thing is smooth... I know it's been said before, but it's freaky smooth.

-- Ian

Last edited:
Looks like a lot of fun there, some nice wood too, great way to spend a beautiful day.

Was there an 056 or 051 sitting off the side, could only see the white handle and gas cap?

Here are some of the Pics of Ian Terry and I getting together to mill the oak log that Terry had scored for us we milled 24' 3 8' logs the largest made
13.5" boards.
Ian and Terry have more pics and will add as they can.:clap:
:chainsaw: :cheers:

Actually the credit goes to Ian for scoring the log for us. I havent had this much fun in a while now. Milling with companions is surely more fun that going it alone, especially when you have a brute like Kerry around to man-handle the logs.

Oh yea, in addition to the long bar for my 372, I forgot both of my timberjacks... Kerry came through on that one too...

Now we just have to wait for mother nature to take down the other two stems on that oak and we can do it again. :clap:

Ian

Last edited:
http://www.arboristsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=57741&d=1191259771

Seeing this pic makes me want to go put on my dustmask. All that super fine sawdust can't be good for us... can it? :dizzy:

Yep, I was wishing for a breeze. I found myself holding my breath sometimes. I'd stop and wait for the dust to settle a bit before taking a breath.

I had a dust mask at home that I bought for woodworking (the hobby that never took off) that would have been just the trick. I'll be using that next time around IF I remember to bring it.

Ian

I BEG you to stop it! You guys are killin' me! My poor chainsaws probably hate me by now for neglecting them for so long.:(

Looks like ya'll had a great time.:cheers:

Hey nice shed.... wounder if fayette urban county gov will let me put one up just like it.....or make me take it down if I do:D

Just distract'em with a junk car on blocks in the front yard. :hmm3grin2orange:

Ian

I will just stop mowing my lawn again....that got their attention over the summer;) So I bought round up and started spraying the whole thing......until my wife made me stop:(

Latest posts

Back