Mini Mac Carb assembly Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scottnc

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
On the carburetor metering needle side working up from the carb body , is it diaphragm against needle then gasket or the other way around?

Gasket first, then diaphragm.
Looks like it was wrong when it came apart, not knowing any better it went back the same . . . Could that be why the idle screw control is poor? No instructions and I bet it was assembled backwards back when the dealer was unable to get the thing to run correctly for my dad and he parked it.. That was waaaay back in dinosaur days.

The carb will never tune correctly, or always run very rich if the diaphragm is installed first. I could get into explaining why but in this case if the gasket and diaphragm is installed in the correct order that should make the carb tunable if there is no other carb problems.

The carb will never tune correctly, or always run very rich if the diaphragm is installed first. I could get into explaining why but in this case if the gasket and diaphragm is installed in the correct order that should make the carb tunable if there is no other carb problems.
What you said: Always runs very rich. I thought it was a bit wonky that the diaphragm "plate" or whatever it's called would be allowed to contact one of the cup plugs. Took care to lay everything out in order as it came apart (to replace the check valve). It's all good tough, pop threw his hands up and put this thing on the shelf maybe in "77-"78. When I found a use for it recently the bar oiler was leaking massively, got that fixed only to find it wouldn't worth a hoot or adjust once warmed up. Told my 90 year old mom I dug the saw out to put back to work, she wished me luck. Remembered the dealer had that saw trying to make it start and run more than pop ever did bucking firewood. Just stuck a ring set, carb kit and check valve in it last month. Still ran like crap hot. Got thinking about that diaphragm contacting the cup plugs . . . Thanks! I don't dread pulling the engine out for the dozenth time now that there's light at the end of the tunnel!

Back