• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Minty ms260

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Very low hour saw. I split the cases and went thru everything on this saw. It had a bad pto side crank bearing. Cage was all there intact, just very rough rolling. Not sure how or why it happened, but I put brand new OEM crank bearings on both sides. Did new crank seals as well as new impulse, fuel line and filter. New oem air filter. Piston and jug look pristine. While I had the muffler off, I drilled an extra hole above and below the existing exhaust outlet in the cover. I put a recently rebuilt walbro WTE-1A carb on it. Fully adjustable and I trimmed the limiter on the H needle. I've found these WTE carbs are as good as the walbro 194 carbs on the 260 (IMO). Ran everything thru the parts washer, not a speck of grime anywhere on the saw. Fired right up and runs awesome. Always amazes me how much a muffler mod and carb change can wake up the ms260. Tuned with a tach to 13,500. Did NOT check tune in wood, prospective buyer responsible for that. (don't have any wood on the ground right now). Asking $260 shipped to lower 48. Thanks, Daryl20140901_112249.jpg 20140901_112259.jpg 20140901_112307.jpg

I enjoy tinkering on saws so much that I'm pretty happy to break even or make just enough to take the family to pizza on Friday night! Not a good business model I guess, but a good stress reducer for me for the job that actually pays the bills
Money does not make the world go around, good for you.

Back