• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Trade Misc bottom parts for MS290/MS310/MS390

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garndawg

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Gents,

I've got a pair of basket-case MS290/310/390 saws here. A tree fell on them and I've been stripping off most of the useable parts with the thought of building one good saw, but there's too many open holes. So maybe I've got something you need and maybe you've got something I need.

Here's a list of what I've got for trade. Most of these parts are still pretty dirty. I've blown w/ compressed air, but my parts washer is down, so they're still grimy:
- Gas cap (string broken)
- Engine pan (still some gasket seal on the pan)
- Crank shaft with bearings, needle cage, piston pin and clips, seals (might not be good, but there they are)
- Oil pump assy w/ bolts
- Oil worm gear w/ spring
- Oil line w/ filter
- Cover washer and carrier for clutch assy
- Fuel line w/ filter
- Bumper spike w/ bolts

Here's what I need:
- Cylinder shroud and shutter (w/ screws)
- Throttle linkage (from trigger to carb)
- Master control shaft
- Carb and carb hardware
- Inlet boot & hardware
- Collar screw for engine pan (the long one)
- Muffler assy w/ bolts
- Chain sprocket cover assy
- Impulse hose
- Flywheel
- Recoil panel assy (nameplate on it will decide what P&C I buy)
- Handlebar assy
- Prefilter
- Filter assy
- Grommet for carb mix screws

I'll also need the ubiquetous Piston & Cylinder and bar & chain, but could probably find those on eBay.

Thanks, folks!

Wow, I recommend you buy a whole saw and use what bits you have left for parts. It'll cost a lot to acquire all that stuff in bits and pieces. I usually pay around $50 for these saws with bad engines. (less if no bar/chain) There's a ton of this series out there. Also, I recommend that if you've got a saw torn down to the engine that you go with the 039/MS390 49mm cylinder kit. (more power, same weight)

I've got a complete MS290 ready to cut wood including bar/chain for $225 plus shipping. Your choice of 16", 18" or 20" used bar.

Gents,

I've got a pair of basket-case MS290/310/390 saws here. A tree fell on them and I've been stripping off most of the useable parts with the thought of building one good saw, but there's too many open holes. So maybe I've got something you need and maybe you've got something I need.

Here's a list of what I've got for trade. Most of these parts are still pretty dirty. I've blown w/ compressed air, but my parts washer is down, so they're still grimy:
- Gas cap (string broken)
- Engine pan (still some gasket seal on the pan)
- Crank shaft with bearings, needle cage, piston pin and clips, seals (might not be good, but there they are)
- Oil pump assy w/ bolts
- Oil worm gear w/ spring
- Oil line w/ filter
- Cover washer and carrier for clutch assy
- Fuel line w/ filter
- Bumper spike w/ bolts

Here's what I need:
- Cylinder shroud and shutter (w/ screws)
- Throttle linkage (from trigger to carb)
- Master control shaft
- Carb and carb hardware
- Inlet boot & hardware
- Collar screw for engine pan (the long one)
- Muffler assy w/ bolts
- Chain sprocket cover assy
- Impulse hose
- Flywheel
- Recoil panel assy (nameplate on it will decide what P&C I buy)
- Handlebar assy
- Prefilter
- Filter assy
- Grommet for carb mix screws

I'll also need the ubiquetous Piston & Cylinder and bar & chain, but could probably find those on eBay.

Thanks, folks!
PM Sent

fearofpavement, that thought has crossed my mind. Thought I'd try this first, tho. Not really interested in a complete saw at this time. I'd like to earn a little sweat equity.

SLD, thanks for the PM. Looking forward to the pics.

I recommend setting your saws in two different places. Those trees just love getting a 2 for 1 against that deadliest of enemies.:p

I have a 029 Super and 039. The 039 I'll fix and keep or sell. The 029 looks almost new but it appears that it has a bent crankshaft. That 029 would give you your sweat equity since you would have to take it down to put your good crankshaft in.

I have a MS310 engine with bad piston. Cylinder might clean up. Crank and bearings seem good. Have new seals to go with it. Can anybody use it?
Yep...can always use a clamshell :cool: PM me with your offer...

The MS250 I mentioned above is gone. I have several other 1127 series saws available at present (at least 4) MS310, MS390 and 039 models.

Latest posts

Back