Mix oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harley

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi there,

One of you guys recomended this oil sometime in the past.
I think it was KD. If I'm wrong, I'm sorry.
http://www.maximausa.com/

Check out the Castor 927. Also compare the numbers, I found it very interesting.

I'll post something else along the same lines in a minute.

Harley

927 maxima oil

hello Harley,
yes im the guilty party, best oil you can buy.1/2 synthetic and half degummed castor bean oil . the castor bean protects to 700 degrees before it begins to break down.the base petroleum products begin to break down at 400 degrees . the maxima site have really good technical pages on oil and on high rpm 2 stroke motors
ken
ps. run it at 32-1 ratio, stihl and husky oil are petroleum based oil. according to stihl's tech line stihl oil is made by exxon, husky's tech line would not call me back, tried 3 calls.

ok - just went to amsoils site (again) and was equally disgusted at the 100:1 oil mix recommendation. Why would one want to thin the mix like that? I know that kd and others swear by 32:1 and dont see synthetics as a problem rather a solution (as i understand), so why the hell would you want to thin your mix if your using better oil?? would you not want more of a better oil? ie. keep the same ratio????

Harley, just for the record I have used the Maxima 927 castor two stroke oil. For around a four year period I switched my race bikes over to the 927 while I left my saws and other smaler engines on the Belray MC1. Other riders in the shop dropped it after the first year complaining about residue and gumming in their exhaust. I contributed it to improper jetting. When I tore down my bikes I found the exhaust pipes fouled, the exhaust ports foulded, silencer packing was gummed to the max and my jetting was spot on. I don't think any of my engines suffered any kind of oil related failures of any kind other than just being dirty and down on power. After cleaning my engines up I went back to the Belray MC1 for everything. I started using it in 1972, never had an oil related problem or failure. The ratio is 50:1. When they say clean power, thats what you get!!!!!!!

stihl or echo mix and 90 or above octane keep my high end and
cheap equip, running the same.an cranking second -third pull when cold.later now

I must agree, ECHO oil is what we use here in our shop on ALL 2-strokes that come through.We only mix with 89 octane or better(premium sometimes at 92).I used to only use McCulloch oil at 20:1.But as technoligy gets better and newer oils do so much more than the oils of yesterday.Remember this,oils of today are much better than yesterday WHILE our gas gets worse and worse !!! :cool:

Back