Mn,wis,ia-gtg 10-09-10

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are many more vids on my you tube channel. Some people I did not get to speak with and some I just plain can't remember the names at the moment. That's what I get for leaving home at 4am and getting home at 10ish. Kids didn't do me any favors sleeping in either.

I'd rep ya if I could mitch, great job on the vids. Was a great time yesterday thanks to all that put in all the time. :clap:

Looking forward to next month's GTG!

Rick

Looks like you guys had a good time. Wish I could've made it. Any group photos or head count?

Yes there is group photo but I did not take it. Most of the group is at the charity cut this morning so I'm sure pics will come along later today.

Got pics uploading, will have some on here soon. Mweba, nice pics and video. The 420 I and WetGP were running was mine with WGP's demo Powersharp bar/chain combo. It was actually wicked fast out of the box, did not repeat after killing it in the dirt and some "showoff" sharpening. I used it today to cut some at the charity cut, got it dull again, and will try for a better sharpen job tomorrow, and see if we can get it back up to speed.

That's MNRipper with the Echos, he was kind enough to give me a ride up to the charity cut today, and even brought me back!

Boyd and one of the 30 dolmars at the event. Have to get one....jus have ta.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FKhL2mCfJjc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FKhL2mCfJjc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

That was the old 120si Sachs Dolmar

Thanks JD.

Wish I could have taken more pics but the catch is, a guy misses alot of the action when behind the camera.

I saw a couple pics from mweba and the one from VINIFIREWOOD but can't see the rest.I will try to get a pic up and see what happens.Thor my brother said you were banned from cutting trees on his land and you can buy this Mac 3200 with no plastic or chain for $10.00:clap:http://www.arboristsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=153669&stc=1&d=1286756224 http://www.arboristsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=153670&stc=1&d=1286756224 Can't get my pics to show up the right way:cry:will call the repair man tomorrow.I was out all day cleaning up and returning picnic tables and cleaning up the mess and dragging branches from the creek from the big willow that StihlyinEly dropped.

Last edited:
Uploading pics to Picasa is going s - l - o - w, so I'll get some of mine up the old fashioned way:

Husq445 with his 334:

attachment.php

Grandpatractor with a little Mac:

attachment.php

Woodyman's brother Pat with a muff modded Husky:

attachment.php

MNRipper representin' the Echo crowd:

attachment.php

Wetgunpowder with an 020 Stihl - whats up with that?

attachment.php

More to come, and maybe vids later, if they load any faster than my pics!

Forgot about the Disston. Wish I would have caught vid of this beast running. Pulling scratcher chain.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Twist someones arm just enough or promise a cold drink or two and it might run near you again, maybe even better. Everything else I own seems to need work, so have to show Chuck some love too.

Here's an action shot of Jeff with the Disston, controlling the skeeter population. I'm sorry to report I don't have video of that one.

attachment.php

Me breaking in WGP's Powersharp demo chain, it's my 420. I was impressed with it out of the box, I had a pretty decent time with it:

attachment.php

Of course, GPT took a few seconds off my time, but hey, I'm used to it:

attachment.php

WetGunPowder cutting them underground trees, he's a master at it!

attachment.php

Gettin the sharp back on, we think perhaps giving it real heavy pressure for good sparking for photo ops might not have been the best way to do it, it didn't cut nearly as fast after sharpening, but still respectable. More research on this matter maybe tomorrow if I don't wake up paralyzed after today's workout :D

attachment.php

I finally got back today at 7:15pm. I will give you guys a couple of pics now and work on the rest this week.

Here is a group shot in the morning at the GTG.
attachment.php

We had some guy that liked to eat screwdrivers while he sawed.
attachment.php

That is all I have from the GTG . I thought I took more but they are not showing up. I have a lot of pics from the charity cut thow:monkey:

Beefie

Back