Mobil 1 MX2T

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
snowblowers

Will this work just as well in snowblowers and leaf blowers?

Scored a couple of quarts at Autozone today... finally.

They didn't have it on the shelves, just the store brand and some Valvoline, so I asked the guy to go see if he could try to find it... after he looked at me like I was from another planet. He went back into the storeroom and comes back with a quart for v-twin motorcycles which, by the way, was also not on the shelves and said that was all they had. Since he appeared to be on the right track, I asked if he would please look again. Lo and behold, he found it. They had all the specialty MobilOne oils back in the storeroom and hadn't even bothered to put them out. Well, as soon as I can locate something accurate and convenient to measure it with, I will mix up a couple of gallons and begin testing it.

Maybe next I will get some of that recycled french fry cooking oil to try in my Dodge diesel pickup. I understand it makes the exhaust smell like french fries cooking. That oughta be a blast! :ices_rofl:

bcmktg said:

Maybe next I will get some of that recycled french fry cooking oil to try in my Dodge diesel pickup. I understand it makes the exhaust smell like french fries cooking. That oughta be a blast! :ices_rofl:

Ive smelled a truck running it and itll make you hungry!

I use the valvoline, I cant see any draw backs for the quart Ive used.

I may switch to some klotz when this quart is done for that RACY smell.

wdchuck said:
Was talking to a local Stihl dealer this week about the two synthetics, the full synthetic has a 21day biodegradable lifespan, out of the bottle(spilled). In an unopened, factory sealed container they figured it would be indefinite.
Were you asking about Stihl's two oils or the Stihl and Mobil 1 MX2T oils? Either way is this true for all synthetic oil or just the oil you're talking about? The reason I ask is because I want to switch from the Stihl "orange bottle" two cycle oil to Mobil 1 MX2T, Amsoil, Opti 2 oil or some other synthetic oil. A quart of two cycle oil will last me a year or so. I don't want it to go bad shortly after I open it. Thanks!

I stole a measuring cup from the wifes cabinet . Its clear and has ounces marked on one side and cup increments on the other. Works pretty good for me.

dustytools said:
I stole a measuring cup from the wifes cabinet . Its clear and has ounces marked on one side and cup increments on the other. Works pretty good for me.

If I did that and my wife found out (and somehow she pays just enough attention to me that I never get away with anything) that might be a pretty expensive measuring cup. Oneway or another.

I like the idea though, and maybe put in a request for one of my own. Somewhere I have an old ratiorite cup, but can't seem to find it lately and can't remember where I bought it.

I use the lil cups from the bottles of Nyquil. Their disposable when they get dirty and you can figure your mix amount to the 1/4oz.

The neighbors will look at you funny if you leave the garage floor littered with them though.....:confused:

RaisedByWolves said:
I use the lil cups from the bottles of Nyquil. Their disposable when they get dirty and you can figure your mix amount to the 1/4oz.

The neighbors will look at you funny if you leave the garage floor littered with them though.....:confused:

I'll tell my wife I need for her to stock up on them.

Lee Valley used to (don't know if they do anymore) sell like 100 packs of tiny disposable cups with markings on them for cheap.

CaseyForrest said:
What do you all use to measure your oil for mixing? Thats what keeps me going back to the 2 gallon mix bottles of Stihl Ultra.

Local hardware store sells a graduated plastic cup for half a buck. They work good until you step on them :bang:

Aside from the obvious graduated measuring cup.....

How do you keep it clean without making a mess of everything? Do you compensate for the oil that sticks to the sides of whatever you are using?

Usually when I know I need mix, Ill pop a bottle and let it drain into the gas can over night. I used to shoot a little gas in the bottle before I did this.

Am I being to anal???

Latest posts

Back