Mobil 1 MX2T

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bwalker said:
Buy a Ratio Rite cup.

Uhm, yeah they are like 3 bucks.....maybe 5 is the place it trying to rip you off..

Mine goes in my milk crate to the woodlot. I will go with full fuel jugs and keep the mixing cup upside down with a rag in it to keep saw dust from getting in it....

I use a urine specimen cup. They use them for taking fuel samples and putting touch-up paint in at work. They're graduated in both ounces and milliliters and have a screw on cap to keep the cup from getting contaminated between uses.

Ian

Last edited:
Haywire Haywood said:
I use a urine specimen cup.
Ian

I used to do this untill my oil kept testing posative, cant look at my oil the same way anymore.:(

For me, mixing one gallon at a time the mix-rite seems a waste, too much left in the cup for me.

Just my "O"

MX2T Bottles

Here are a couple of good ideas.

1. If you have a squeeze bottle with the 2.6 oz or 3.2 oz measuring part on top, like echo power blend from HD or any other brand, just fill it with MX2T when it is empty. Then you have the resevior with the built in measuring jug.
You can even buy a new one, dump out the oil or give it away if you don't want to use it. It is the second bottle from the left in the picture below.

2. I have some 3.4 oz white bottles of Honda 4 stroke oil I bought for my pressure washer. Instead of throwing them away, I refilled them with MX2T.
Now when I need to mix up a gallon I just grab one and dump it in my jug, let it drain and then add the gas and stabilizer. You can use any 2.6 oz or bigger bottles that you have as well. There is usually enough room that you could add stabilizer in the bottle as well. The small black echo bottles would work as well. I like white since it is easier to see the oil level. Usually with these small bottles, they are fill to the shoulder for whatever size so you may not need to mark it but should check first.

The important/key thing is to look at the oil level in the bottle when you first open the new bottle and mark it with a marker. Then you can always refill them to the exact amount without measuring anything. Then you can dump some stabil in if you want.

You can throw some of these in the truck and have them where ever you go. Just go to a gas station and pump 1 gallon gas in your can.

For Gas I use a 1 gallon Prestone jug. Marked the level in a new jug before I dumped it in my car. Now I just go to my 55 gallon gas barrel at home and fill the prestone jug to the line and have exactly one gallon.

The gas seems to evaporate through the plastic over time so these thin 1 gallon jugs aren't so good for storage but work great as a measuring device.
Just make sure and mark the level of preston when you open a new jug.

How about using one of the large size stabil bottles (I get them at Walmart). They have two tops so you can easily refill the resevior by taking off 1 top or use the measuring cup taking off the other top.

I hear ya Woody, ever try refilling one of those squeeze bottles that don't have the second opening? It's a very time consuming experience to say the least. I know, I've done it. Even the ones that have the second opening are just vent openings with the 1/32" hole unless you open it up.

I recently purchased a "Mix-Mizer" from Walmart. It's essentially a cheap 60cc syringe with ratio markings on it. I didn't catch that they were for mixing QUARTS. I thought it held more oil that it did.

Ian

I've been thinking about recycling one of those two chamber containers. If you used one of those expanding rubber plugs that has a screw running through it, you should be able to seal a 3/8" or 1/2" hole (depending on the size you find) completely airtight, and be able to fill it fairly easily.

Funny the things that come to you in the shower.

mark

CaseyForrest said:
Haywire, thats what Im talking about!! Something reuseable with a lid. Sounds like something I can get from medical supply, or Rite Aid.

Ratio Rite use to come with a lid. Dont know if they still do.

I got it figured out.

I have a bunch of 6oz Nalgene bottles from my camping days. Just need to get a couple more and I can divide up an entire quart of MX2T. Just throw one of those little bottles in the tool box and its good to go.

CaseyForrest said:
I got it figured out.

I have a bunch of 6oz Nalgene bottles from my camping days. Just need to get a couple more and I can divide up an entire quart of MX2T. Just throw one of those little bottles in the tool box and its good to go.

Go to any Stihl dealer - assuming they service a lot, they likely thow out a 1/2 dozen empty small mix containers (size of your choice) a week..

Reddog said:
Ratio Rite use to come with a lid. Dont know if they still do.

The new ones don't. I lost my old one with the lid from my bike and quad days. The only one's I found do not have the lids anymore.

My lead additive for my old squished cars comes in a bottle just like that. Duh, on me. Been using my old poulan oil bottle for my klotz that does the same thing at 3.2 oz only per shot.

Mine goes in my milk crate to the woodlot. I will go with full fuel jugs and keep the mixing cup upside down with a rag in it to keep saw dust from getting in it....

Maxima and others also sell graduated bottle with screw on caps that work well and stay clean internaly.
attachment.php

Latest posts

Back