Mod cost?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
04ultra said:
Andy if its raining ,he makes you dry your feet before you enter..

And my reply to that is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I mean hell why should I have to mop up after wet and muddy shoes when its easier to say HEY WIPE YA DAMN FEET,lolol. I do however let the females slide,hehe....

THALL10326 said:
And my reply to that is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I mean hell why should I have to mop up after wet and muddy shoes when its easier to say HEY WIPE YA DAMN FEET,lolol. I do however let the females slide,hehe....

It looks like the ladies have been cleaning..lol

lovetheoutdoors said:
It looks like the ladies have been cleaning..lol

Yup , yup. and to think when I took the pics I made sure my apron wasn't showing,hehehe.................

THALL10326 said:
Yup , yup. and to think when I took the pics I made sure my apron wasn't showing,hehehe.................

LOL....Sap would be proud.:hmm3grin2orange:

Lakeside53 said:
If he wants my business he'll have to wash and dry my feet.

Signed,

SAP

lololol, not problem, someone fire up the cleaner, set it to 200degrees, I'll clean him,lololol. Hey Lake yesterday evening I put my 056Mag back together and got her going. That thing is right peppy. Question for ya. I haven't had a chance to put it in a block of wood but is it going to smoke my 051? Also had a man come in yesterday that claims he has a real nice Contra he is going to bring him for me to look at. Not work on but just to look at. Any idea what those are worth?, for you know me, I like old saws.............

THALL10326 said:
lololol, not problem, someone fire up the cleaner, set it to 200degrees, I'll clean him,lololol. Hey Lake yesterday evening I put my 056Mag back together and got her going. That thing is right peppy. Question for ya. I haven't had a chance to put it in a block of wood but is it going to smoke my 051? Also had a man come in yesterday that claims he has a real nice Contra he is going to bring him for me to look at. Not work on but just to look at. Any idea what those are worth?, for you know me, I like old saws.............

yes, it will smoke your 51... apart from more grunt, it revs higher for a start (your 051 is limited to about 10k.

Contra? Have one in my home shop right now! I see them now and then for between $300 and $800... Is it a Contra or a Contra Lightning? You'll love the air cleaner on that saw - might have to look hard to find it though!

Lakeside53 said:
yes, it will smoke your 51... apart from more grunt, it revs higher for a start (your 051 is limited to about 10k.

Contra? Have one in my home shop right now! I see them now and then for between $300 and $800... Is it a Contra or a Contra Lightning? You'll love the air cleaner on that saw - might have to look hard to find it though!

Hmmmmmmm interesting. My 051 is in alot better shape than the 056. The 056 is all beat up but a man gave it to me so I can't complain. Maybe I'll see if I can get that paint from Stihl and make it look aittle better for it looks like it got run over by a truck. Runs good though.
The guy didn't say what type Contra he had, according to him its red and white so we shall see. I also got another customer who has a 076 I'd like to squeeze out of him but these guys hang onto these old Stihl's forever. I had two customers in the shop about a month ago and one told the other whatever you do don't bring a old Stihl in here because if Hall doesn't have one he'll try to get it from ya,lololol. I admit its becoming a hobby to grab up the old ones. Messing with the new models all the time gets boring. I'll let you know what Contra it is when he brings it in............

THALL10326 said:
Hmmmmmmm interesting. My 051 is in alot better shape than the 056. The 056 is all beat up but a man gave it to me so I can't complain. Maybe I'll see if I can get that paint from Stihl and make it look aittle better for it looks like it got run over by a truck. Runs good though.
The guy didn't say what type Contra he had, according to him its red and white so we shall see. I also got another customer who has a 076 I'd like to squeeze out of him but these guys hang onto these old Stihl's forever. I had two customers in the shop about a month ago and one told the other whatever you do don't bring a old Stihl in here because if Hall doesn't have one he'll try to get it from ya,lololol. I admit its becoming a hobby to grab up the old ones. Messing with the new models all the time gets boring. I'll let you know what Contra it is when he brings it in............

Thall isnt a contra similar to a 090 only older?

lovetheoutdoors said:
Thall isnt a contra similar to a 090 only older?

Yup you be right on that, I'll take a 090 too. I got a framed picture on the wall that show's ole Daddy Stihl himself smoking a cig and in front of him is a red and white Contra, like brand new of course. I've never had the pleasure to run one of those. The story I was told was that when the Contra came out it was the saw that took Stihl to the top and since then has become a great collector item for saw buffs. They got one sitting down at Va Beach in the Stihl museum thats awesome. Maybe Lake will donate his to the Hall museum,hehe.

coveredinsap said:
I thought that that was a prototype of the upcoming 2007 Stihl product lineup. It's their new 'retro' series of saws for manly men.

Still struggling with that anger management from your 390, eh Sap?

attachment.php
Lakeside53 said:

Here ya go Lake, my freebie 056Mag. Not pretty but can't beat the price. I got in it 2.40 for a bar stud and thats it, runs great. I tried it out a while ago and your right, its got some grunt to it.

Last edited:
THALL10326 said:
Yup you be right on that, I'll take a 090 too. I got a framed picture on the wall that show's ole Daddy Stihl himself smoking a cig and in front of him is a red and white Contra, like brand new of course. I've never had the pleasure to run one of those. The story I was told was that when the Contra came out it was the saw that took Stihl to the top and since then has become a great collector item for saw buffs. They got one sitting down at Va Beach in the Stihl museum thats awesome. Maybe Lake will donate his to the Hall museum,hehe.

So you are looking for the contras and maybe a 090? i will let you know if i come across any locally if you want me too, i passed on a 090 not to long ago:deadhorse: that was a mistake. There are alot of old timers around here and sometimes they will part with them. What about a 070 ?

lovetheoutdoors said:
So you are looking for the contras and maybe a 090? i will let you know if i come across any locally if you want me too, i passed on a 090 not to long ago:deadhorse: that was a mistake. There are alot of old timers around here and sometimes they will part with them. What about a 070 ?

I'll take any old Stihl, 070 would be fine. I just got a nack for the old models. Keep me in mind if you run across a old Stihl...................

THALL10326 said:
I'll take any old Stihl, 070 would be fine. I just got a nack for the old models. Keep me in mind if you run across a old Stihl...................

Will do Thall......Never know what you will find next:popcorn:

lovetheoutdoors said:
Will do Thall......Never know what you will find next:popcorn:

Cool. New stuff is fun but heck everyone has the newer models nowdays. I like the old stuff mainly to say hey lookie here, ya know what I mean..........

Latest posts

Back