modd or break in new saws first?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taxi1249

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a saw i know i will mod but i have some people telling me to modd it right out of the box and otheres telling me to runn it awhile to break it in. I know how the saw runns stock so i dont need to run it so that i can campare it latter but what is the best way to do this.

From what I understand it dosent really matter. If ya get her modded new, she will still gain some power after break in.

if you are not going to wait the 2 years for the warranty do it now i didn't even get to pick mine up first it went strait to mastermind (randy)

I have a saw i know i will mod but i have some people telling me to modd it right out of the box and otheres telling me to runn it awhile to break it in. I know how the saw runns stock so i dont need to run it so that i can campare it latter but what is the best way to do this.

What saw is she?

I run a tank or so just to make sure there is nothing obviously defective that will make me need the warranty. Then have at her. Running a stock saw is impossible once you get a taste for modded machines

I like to establish a baseline with a couple tanks first so I can see it wake up after the changes.

i think that i will put a few hours on it just to make sure all is ok in the war. area then ill get to have some rel fun

I've yet to mod my saws but the way I see it, I know they get stronger during break-in, so I want to wait unitl its all settled in and the stock power is peaked and then see what the mods can do to open her up.

I can't seem to wait til most are broke in. I usually get a tank or 2 to make sure its not got a carb problem or something odd then work on them.

Back