Modded my splitter!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd say your pump should be in the 3000psi range which is the norm, most 2 stage splitter pumps are 3000psi max. A bigger GPM pump is'nt gonna buy you any extra power but speed in the cycle time and needing a bigger motor to power it. Another thing that gets overlooked is the hydraulic cylinder itself, an older cylinder that has blowby on the rings or seals is gonna make for a weak splitter no matter what size pump you have!

That pic in my in previous post was'nt my splitter, but one of a unaltered Lafont I found on the net. I took the cradles off mine and added a 2" square tube cradle on the one side and the log lift on the opposite side

There's a few more in this thread after the log lift was done.

http://www.arboristsite.com/firewood-heating-wood-burning-equipment/66116.htm

I'd say your pump should be in the 3000psi range which is the norm, most 2 stage splitter pumps are 3000psi max. A bigger GPM pump is'nt gonna buy you any extra power but speed in the cycle time and needing a bigger motor to power it. Another thing that gets overlooked is the hydraulic cylinder itself, an older cylinder that has blowby on the rings or seals is gonna make for a weak splitter no matter what size pump you have!

That pic in my in previous post was'nt my splitter, but one of a unaltered Lafont I found on the net. I took the cradles off mine and added a 2" square tube cradle on the one side and the log lift on the opposite side

There's a few more in this thread after the log lift was done.

http://www.arboristsite.com/firewood-heating-wood-burning-equipment/66116.htm
Blazin,i sent you a PM this morning with some valve questions,and i look foward on getting you opinion.

I took the original cradles off to accomodate the log lift and they had'nt been welded. If you look at the foot of the lift, they're still part of the splitter:D . Solid 1/2" plate! there isn't anything light on this monster.

That would be great if you could dig up some pics of a original/unaltered one!

Good god man, you really do have serious skills!! Impressive!!

lafont mainafold help

Hi everyone, I have a lafont ss with the original single handle.I am lookingk for the Sun part numbers on the manifold that holds the two cartrages. The series of numbers just below the the Sun stamp (mine got scatched some how). The machine is all original other than the 24hp onan and have single, 4 way and 5 way curently on machine.

Latest posts

Back