Modding A New Old Stock Husqvarna 359

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't help but think what a set of stuffers on the crank of the 359 would do?:rock:

I need a few sets to have around and stuff. :msp_thumbup:

Funny thing- I put a stock 359 together once with the 357 crank w/stuffers and it ran better than a stock 359 without the stuffers.

Then I reversed the experiment and put a 357 together without the stuffers and liked the characteristics of that one better than a 357 with stuffers.

Weird stuff.

Yes. The 346 carb works fine even on a ported saw. The 359 carb does not. I know a guy that has figured out how to mod them now though. :cheers:

Cool, just wondered. My 346 still has the Zama, but it runs great at the present so I'm not changing it yet. I gots a NOS 199 in a box when the time comes to swap it out...... I suppose it needs to be worked on first though.

Cool, just wondered. My 346 still has the Zama, but it runs great at the present so I'm not changing it yet. I gots a NOS 199 in a box when the time comes to swap it out...... I suppose it needs to be worked on first though.

So far the NOS ones I've used have been fine. It's hit or miss I reckon though. Scott can fix em though. :cheers:

Funny thing- I put a stock 359 together once with the 357 crank w/stuffers and it ran better than a stock 359 without the stuffers.

Then I reversed the experiment and put a 357 together without the stuffers and liked the characteristics of that one better than a 357 with stuffers.

Weird stuff.

I have a 357 with a 359 top. It is definitely stronger than the 359's done the same way. It is not ported, but it does have a MM and the gasket was deleted.

I have a 357 with a 359 top. It is definitely stronger than the 359's done the same way. It is not ported, but it does have a MM and the gasket was deleted.

From what I can tell, the 359 transfers are conducive to benefiting more from the tight crankcase. The 357 layout is more like the 372 and it comes alive with a mild port work-over and the more open crankcase.

I noticed you used the sealer around the transfer covers as well. Do those not have oring seals on them or do you put the sealer in the oring channel and then tighten it down for extra protection. Just curious. I just sealed up my saw with the Permatex Aneriobic sealer and it looked exactly the same. Still sounds like I might have a small leak or maybe the saw is running just the same when I got it but can't remember how it idled before I MM'd it and ground out the baffles.

Nice work on the saw as always.

I noticed you used the sealer around the transfer covers as well. Do those not have oring seals on them or do you put the sealer in the oring channel and then tighten it down for extra protection. Just curious. I just sealed up my saw with the Permatex Aneriobic sealer and it looked exactly the same. Still sounds like I might have a small leak or maybe the saw is running just the same when I got it but can't remember how it idled before I MM'd it and ground out the baffles.

Nice work on the saw as always.

The 359 uses gaskets that tear up in disassembly......with the o-ringed covers I don't use any sealer.

It will be next week before I get to go drop any trees. Some of our "crew" is busy and.......

Latest posts

Back