Modding the Dolmar 7900

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. Maybe I was just expecting more? I don't know. I believe the decoomp was leaking slightly, got that fixed. So well see next time out and when the ring seats in properly.

What did the squish end up at Will? By the looks of that chamber, it should be puffing a ton!!!
Nice and compact...

Yeah.... Replace it with a hollow can...
:msp_wink:

That's what we were thinking. I did wonder if it could work like an "expansion chamber". In that case I wanted to try it after the port work and compare it to the "can". :msp_wink:

That's what we were thinking. I did wonder if it could work like an "expansion chamber". In that case I wanted to try it after the port work and compare it to the "can". :msp_wink:

By design, it's not so much an expansion chamber, as it is a septic system with lateral lines... It works to scrub exhaust for the dopes at the EPA, but kills HP... Remedy that thing Doc...
:big_smile:

By design, it's not so much an expansion chamber, as it is a septic system with lateral lines... It works to scrub exhaust for the dopes at the EPA, but kills HP... Remedy that thing Doc...
:big_smile:

I see. It sounds like you've played with these before. :cheers:

I see. It sounds like you've played with these before. :cheers:

Nope... But the 7910 is on my list... I spent some time looking at the drawings of the new exhaust system...
And ran one while I was up in WI...
It would tell all if you ported it, and ran it for time with the bleed off chamber exhaust, then did your thing to the can, and ran it again... I'm betting minimum 10% faster time...
:monkey:

But hey, I been wrong before...

Nope... But the 7910 is on my list... I spent some time looking at the drawings of the new exhaust system...
And ran one while I was up in WI...
It would tell all if you ported it, and ran it for time with the bleed off chamber exhaust, then did your thing to the can, and ran it again... I'm betting minimum 10% faster time...
:monkey:

But hey, I been wrong before...

I'll be doing a thread on this thing.......we'll all get to see how it reacts to muffler mods. :cheers:

Latest posts

Back