Model 461 questions please help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How would a slow fellow like myself differentiate between the 2?

I think big t double said in the ipl it didnt show a different pump but when you look they are different on each model.

The bar code sticker on the front of the saw will have it with the saw SN, o/w I do not know how to tell the difference. Z has designated different features on different saws. For example, on the 441 it designated stiffer springs. I had the stiffer spring 441-RZ myself. I only knew it was an RZ model comparing it to a softer spring early model 441. I am not sure what the Z designates on the 461, because there is a 461-Z model that does not have the HO pump, and the 461-R model that does not have the HO pump. Only the RZ and RVWZ saws in the 461 IPL are listed as having the HO pump parts.

Im real curious how the rescue saw is gonna work with mtronic in real smokey situations.

Likely they will have a non-Mtronic version of the 461 NE. They have (and always have had) a non-Mtronic 661 available in Eastern Europe. I would like to get me one of them, as I am not an Mtron fan as yet. I prefer tuning with my orange screwgey.

Likely they will have a non-Mtronic version of the 461 NE. They have (and always have had) a non-Mtronic 661 available in Eastern Europe. I would like to get me one of them, as I am not an Mtron fan as yet. I prefer tuning with my orange screwgey.

Me as well.

I want a 661 non CM, but that's hard to arrange: I know, I tried last year while in the RF.

Yes, I tried with no luck to get a non-Mtron 661 through friends in Europe. Eastern Europe is apparently a rather shady place to do business. It is like getting a saw here from Brazil (through Mexico), which I have also tried. They still make the 361 in Brazil and sell them in Mexico. The final cost was prohibitive, and customs was iffy.

I also wanted a laser for the 661 that is available only in Europe, but was talked out of getting that. They say it is little better than a toy. But they have mounts for them to attach to any Stihl saw. And they are LASERS. Frickin' lasers on saws! How cool is that! Apparently not so cool though, sadly. And spendy. $100 Euros plus tax and shipping for the laser, plus the saw mount. Supposed to be so dull you can only see it cutting at night with the special glasses that comes with it. Not available in the US. Too dangerous in the hands of Amurikans?

Maybe a 661 beer holder will have to suffice. Gimbel mounted with special AV isolaters.

Latest posts

Back