Monkey Grip

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never heard of it. Either in saws or in, well, you know...

I'd assume it's the same thing though, don't hold your saw too tightly. It's like a fly rod, handgun, or bow. Hold it tight enough to have proper control over it, but don't grab it so tightly that you get tired and fatiged from it. You won't have any more control over the saw, and the fatigue will come back and bite you.

Jeff

Monkey grip, the thumb is on top of the handle next to the fingers - weak grip. A slight push or kick could dislodge your hand. Operators manuals instruct you to have fingers encircle handle with thumb on the underside, also called a wraparound grip -strong grip.:monkey:

It may be what you were looking for, but I'm keeping and eye out for the other version

ray benson said:
Monkey grip, the thumb is on top of the handle next to the fingers - weak grip. A slight push or kick could dislodge your hand. Operators manuals instruct you to have fingers encircle handle with thumb on the underside, also called a wraparound grip -strong grip.:monkey:
Now I am not saying I have personal experience with this...BUT if you are working solo and using the off hand the monkey grip could provide the control you are looking for...:biggrinbounce2: :heart:

Latest posts

Back