Montgomery ward (Mac pm610) gets a supercharger upgrade

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

Poulan Collector

Here's my progress so far on my Mc Culloch 610 supercharger project. A complete guess as to what the saw will do or if it will even run, but I am optimistic. If I end up damaging the saw I have several donor saws I use to fix the saw so at least I am not purposely destroying a nice saw. I did this as an experiment, and I also thought it would be fun. I look forward to running it soon, when I do I will make a video if it is successful. Phone pictures 271.jpg Phone pictures 261.jpg Phone pictures 263.jpg Phone pictures 366.jpg Phone pictures 305.jpg Phone pictures 306.jpg Phone pictures 310.jpg Phone pictures 313.jpg Phone pictures 312.jpg Phone pictures 314.jpg

In your title you described as SUPERCHARGED Poulan what method did you use to drive the supercharger or is a type of Turbo?if so you would possibly gain as much power increase by modding a bike power valve to fit

In your title you described as SUPERCHARGED Poulan what method did you use to drive the supercharger or is a type of Turbo?if so you would possibly gain as much power increase by modding a bike power valve to fit
It is going to be belt driven from the crank shaft, I have this done already just have not taken pictures yet.

I see that "Poulan Collector" has become a "guest".
No access to the photo gallery now.

Somehow, I expect we won't get any updates on the saw build either.
Phoooy! It looked cool.

No updates on this? They do offer smaller turbos for small engines. My question is a turbo might over pressure a two stroke, I wanted to try a pressurize the air box with tiny muffin fans off a reostate switch on the carb throttle shaft.

I would guess double seals inward and outward to hold pressure, not just keep stuff out. And possibly some sort of timed pressurized air/fuel injected into the topend once the transfers were closed. A sort of pressure timed device similar in operation to a diesel fuel pump. Using mix to keep the bottom lubed and only fuel/air up top. It would certainly be cleaner emissions wise. I've thought about this with regards to a high percent nitromethane application. Nitrous oxide is likely the easiest form of supercharging a two stroke. The other methods seemingly get more complicated than the benefits. A saw in fine needs to be small and light. The more stuff you add, (supercharger, turbo) the harder it is to achieve the size/weight issue.

Latest posts

Back