Morbark 200 feed roller hyd. Motor coupling repair/alternative

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

no tree to big

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I have an eighty something Morbark 200 and the key way is severely damaged on the top roller not sure how much longer its gonna hold on and strip out completely has anyone had this problem and come up with a solution? Any help or ideas would be appreciated

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk

My feed rollers had love joys welded onto them. You should be able to repair the key way via welding and machining out a new keyway.

I might look into the love joy idea that would be cool, well until.they wear out or break which I guess can be avoided by inspecting the rubber do dad..

I remember when I was looking for info on the 200 when I was thinking about buying it I saw an awesome write up on repairing and eliminating the key'd connection point but I can't find anything on it no more

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk

For future reference what I ended up doing was getting a one inch keyed shaft a length of 1/4x 1/4 key stock I got the shaft into the roller as deep as u can go drilled a 5/16ths hole through the shaft inline with the holes for the set screws on the roller thru a bolt in it cut the shaft about an inch an a half out of the roller bought a 3" long coupler slipped it over the shaft stuck the hydro motor in the remaining inch and a half of the coupler and presto good as new!

Back