Morbark 2070xl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toddppm

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Well, got to use a demo for a little while today.
NOT impressed, I told the guy I was interested in a 86hp model and he brought a 50 hp diesel instead. What a lightweight POC. NO way I'd buy one in a gas version. The auto feed was interesting but wouldn't stop it fast enough on big pieces and it would die. Also a few times it would pause then kick off the autofeed completely. Then you got that spot between the feed wheel and blades where it gets stuck:rolleyes: Then clean that area out, had the pin that's supposed to hold feed wheels up actually fall into the chipper when I tried to take it out. What the hells' going on:confused: Brand new machine?????
Told him to let me know when he gets the 86 hp one in before I decide to step up to a bigger one.
Frustrating to say the least. Wouldn't even let me use the machine for more than an hour or so, don't they usually lety people use them for a a day or more???
Can't wait to try the Vermeer and conehead.

I can't imagine how dissapointed you must be. Definitely not the 2070xl I have! I bought the 86hp diesel and have never had any of those problems. The autofeed on mine works like a dream. The engine rpm's in the computer were probably not set properly and can be quickly adjusted. I'm real happy with mine. Sounds like your salesman might be a bit of a knucklehead?

Good luck in the search for a new machine.

I won't go so far as calling him a knucklehead
....yet

We have a chuck and duck now, I couldn't wait to get that ???? machine off my truck so I could hook up the Asplundh!:laugh:

Latest posts

Back