More "Free Trees" on Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was amusing. I saved the webpage HTML but can't FTP it up to my site from work, so here's my cheap recreation of it:

FREE 8TH
Reply to: [email protected]
Date: 2007-10-15, 9:22AM EDT

Quiting smoking free 8th to a good home.
0101090104060103032007101516085be6f.jpg

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 449479124

Last edited:
I saw an ad on CL in Columbuc OH titled :
Firewood cured well and ready to burn

this is the email the guy sends me:

Tim, the majority of the tree hasnt even been dropped and is huge.....probably a dozen cords or so.....however, it would have to be topped and then dropped. there are no dwellings in the way but it would take someone who has experience topping out trees. The parts that are on the ground are only a few now. We had 3 huge limbs fall after a storm and had to have others cut off. In short, there is ALLOT if someone wants to bring a tree down. If not expereinced in that, then there is probably a pickup trucks worth that needs to be cut into smaller pieces.

I have told anyone responding that in order to take ANY of the wood, you will have to sign a Waiver of Liability. I cant have someone go out there, hurt themselves and then sue us. If the above works for you, email me tonight and we can see what we may be able to arrainge. One guy is supposed to come look at it today. If he doesnt come, your next on the list.

Can you believe these people?????

Did you hear about the one where a girl was mad at her aunt and advertised that everything in the house was free for the taking so it was ransacked down to the fixtures!

I saw an ad on CL in Columbuc OH titled :
Firewood cured well and ready to burn

this is the email the guy sends me:

Tim, the majority of the tree hasnt even been dropped and is huge.....probably a dozen cords or so.....however, it would have to be topped and then dropped. there are no dwellings in the way but it would take someone who has experience topping out trees. The parts that are on the ground are only a few now. We had 3 huge limbs fall after a storm and had to have others cut off. In short, there is ALLOT if someone wants to bring a tree down. If not expereinced in that, then there is probably a pickup trucks worth that needs to be cut into smaller pieces.

I have told anyone responding that in order to take ANY of the wood, you will have to sign a Waiver of Liability. I cant have someone go out there, hurt themselves and then sue us. If the above works for you, email me tonight and we can see what we may be able to arrainge. One guy is supposed to come look at it today. If he doesnt come, your next on the list.

Can you believe these people?????

There was one a while back where a guy was offering "free used lumber" if someone would come and take down his old rickety ass deck!!!!! This is not the depression. What the hell have all these people been smoking?

Oh yeah. I forgot. They've been smoking the free trees.

Got this off craigslist plus the rest of the tree that I've cut up. More then a cord of white oak. So sometimes it's worth it.

img0605cu3.jpg

Probably shouldn't have put it on this trailer.

I added a couple of ratchet straps when I move it. I used the come-along to get it on the trailer. Took it out to a guy with a small sawmill. Not sure when he will get to cutting it up or if it will even make decent lumber. Kinda hard to see from the picture but it had quite a few "cat faces".

Latest posts

Back