More "Free Trees" on Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, Craigslist can pay off sometimes. Just scored about a full cord of apple. 1/2 of it dry and ready to burn, 1/2 of it will be ready next year.

The home owner bought a Poulan to cut down the trees, realized it wasn't fun anymore and just left everything lay there in the yard. He has piles of the brush for burning, but they are to so close together, too big of piles, and are a connect the dots trail right to the house. Don't want to be around when he starts burning that stuff.

He left the trunks and most of the main limbs standing. I asked the wife if she wanted me to cut that up as well. She asked how much I would charge. :biggrinbounce2: Of course I did not.

Only 10 minutes from the house so good deal all around. The husband did ask what I did to my saw to make it cut so fast, and I told him I "sharpened the chain".:laugh: :chainsawguy: KD

Got this off craigslist plus the rest of the tree that I've cut up. More then a cord of white oak. So sometimes it's worth it.

img0605cu3.jpg

Probably shouldn't have put it on this trailer.

I'll pay ya $10 a log to come haul them off for me like that all day long!!! :hmm3grin2orange:

It was amusing. I saved the webpage HTML but can't FTP it up to my site from work, so here's my cheap recreation of it:

FREE 8TH
Reply to: [email protected]
Date: 2007-10-15, 9:22AM EDT

Quiting smoking free 8th to a good home.
0101090104060103032007101516085be6f.jpg

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 449479124

brilliant ... looks seasoned to me :dizzy:

Got this off craigslist plus the rest of the tree that I've cut up. More then a cord of white oak. So sometimes it's worth it.

img0605cu3.jpg

Probably shouldn't have put it on this trailer.
Well shall we say that the trailer is at about it's max capacity
.What ever works,that's a lot better than putting it in the trunk of that car.

on craigslist:

Real Good size oak tree ( disease free ) yours for the taking if you take down, haul away and stump also. Must be insured and prove it. I know the value of oak so this is a real good deal for a tree company to get some free money...

http://rochester.craigslist.org/bar/460172043.html

heh...i'll bet they also know the cost of cutting the damn thing down too.

What the hell is wrong with people? I love it you see all these people want a service for free. I wonder if they know that owning equipment and insurance to do it the right way and the safe way is not free. "you can keep the wood" is my favorite like they are giving you a pot of gold. Just my opinion anyways.

Back