More Milling at the Beach - Not (warning big photos)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daninvan

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Headed down to the milling area at the local beach the other day. Possibly the most beautiful December day in Vancouver ever recorded. Just a clear, gorgeous blue sky, the mountains were so crisp, and not a breath of wind on the water. I was tempted to go water skiing, except I don't have a boat. Unfortunately my camera phone photography skills are a bit lacking, so this photo really does not do it justice. Makes it look like dusk, but it was about 11 AM and very bright.
attachment.php

I had been out with “the boys” for the first Christmas dinner of the season the night before so I was off to a bit of a late start!
attachment.php

The good news was that I had made contact with the new city guy who is now running the loader at the log dump, and he was more than happy to set up logs for me. So I had been down there earlier in the week and marked a couple of box elder logs. 18-24" in diameter probably, around 6' long. They had some rot in them, but there was enough good material and looked like lots of colour, that I thought it worth cutting them open anyways.

attachment.php

attachment.php

So I roll up to the beach in the shiny blue milling van and the bad news is that they are filming a movie there! Wall to wall movie trailers, right in front of the cutting area. I could not believe my bad luck, the beach is probably a mile long or more, and they chose that spot. So now I have to wait until next week, I am sure it will be back to dreary rain by then.
attachment.php

So I roll up to the beach in the shiny blue milling van and the bad news is that they are filming a movie there! Wall to wall movie trailers, right in front of the cutting area. I could not believe my bad luck, the beach is probably a mile long or more, and they chose that spot. So now I have to wait until next week, I am sure it will be back to dreary rain by then.

Did they say you couldn't mill?

Surely a little chain saw noise wouldn't be a bother on a movie set! It would add atmosphere. You might ask politely and they could work you into the film! Every movie can use some chain saw action! :)

Great Pics Dan.
Good news about the new but running the log dump - you may want to grease his palm with something suitable as an incentive to keep up the good work.
Pity about the movie set.

Back