More rain this weekend

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Supposed to rain all weekend again. I'm fallin' way behind schedule; should have most all my Oak split and stacked by now but I haven't finished the first tree... and three more to do after that... and I still need to buck the big Sugar Maple. When it ain't rainin' I'm cutting the grass or some other pressing chore. At least I live real close to the river so my ground drains-out fast; I can usually get back into the woods a day after the rain quits... if'n it ever quits.

And it's that-time-of-year when the wife is makin' her list and checkin' it twice. Ya' know? The honey-do list? And I can't do a lot of that until the rain quits. I need 48-hour days, 14-day weeks and 10-day weekends.

It's been raining steady here for weeks, cold as well. We had two nice days this week but it's back to the cold and wet for the next two and most of next week. I still have wood that is bucked but waiting to be split... if the rain ever stops! Of course, I was working on the two nice days.:msp_sad:

No rain here, lol, possibly today they say, but who knows? I will agree on the longer days and weeks, never enough time.

I have a trailer I have been on for 3 weeks, have it tacked up and ready to weld it out, just can't get enough time to finish it.

its times like this that I am glad I dont ALLOW a honey do list to be made...she knows better...

I work 7 days a week, from 6 am to 9 or 10pm...

Maybe someday we will get ahead...but I have a little one on the way (have a 6 year old) and in order for them to have and do the stuff they want to, daddy has to work...

of course I will cut and mow in the rain...I aint suger, no melting here...

I need 48-hour days, 14-day weeks and 10-day weekends.

+googleplex on that one.

I was hoping to finsh my kids swingset this weekend.
Looks like I will not be able to work on on it till wednesday or thursday. My wood, I may get to it in June. I am glad we cut and split around 6 cords of oak last year for backup or I really would be up the creek.

Back