More rebuild help??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donho

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Ok this is the slowest rebuild ever but I usually don't mind gives me somewhere to go other than in front of the boob tube, Ok the problem I have a new homelite jug and a new golf piston I counted all the rod to crank needles twice (old and new same number) heres the problem I installed the jug piston had a normal amount of drag for new hardware but wont' turn past the bottom of its travel. I disassembled it and it seems the piston is hitting the counter weights ?? ive examined both old and new pistons and measured them with a dial caliper here are the differences ive come up with the first and very noticeable is the bottom of the skirt on the new piston is much heaver prob over 1/8 inch think while the original is thin less than 1/16 the piston heights from rod to top bottom are as close as can be with out putting a mic to them any ideas?? OK I forgot a few things the saw is a homelite sxl925

I'd contact the guys you got it from and ask to return it... sure you might be able to mess around with a lathe etc but...

lathe hum

ya well lets see I was lucky I guess to get a oem jug on ebay but as far as a piston the golf was all I could find ??

piston trouble

good advise ANDY :dizzy: wished I had other avenues im going to package whole thing up and take to my neighborhood machinist maybe turn the piston ??

Latest posts

Back