Morning Fill

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paso One

Paso One

ArboristSite Member
Well I just got back from filling the boiler from 12 hours ago.

I still had fire. It's -35 with a windchill of -48 17 Mph wind from the north.

Murphys law I needed to bring some pallets into the Trailer because my indoor stash was depleted.

My indoor weekly fill lasted a full week as usual but wasn't expecting this cold.

I hope its not heading your way.

Paso One

Paso One

ArboristSite Member
yeah you can keep those temperatures. Is your boiler inside of a semi trailer? Do you keep your fuel oil in those barrels?

Yes I have a 48 ft trailer 10 ft high at the back, The boiler sits right above the duals, chimney out the roof.

The front of the trailer has a step which i have three 275 gallon fuel tanks that I gather WMO I dump the WMO into a settling tank and then pump thru a series of filters to the tanks you see in the picture.

Once the oil is in the tanks it settles some more. I have a oil burner boiler not yet hooked into my OWB primary loop. I plan to draw the oil mid tank and feed the oil burner filtered WMO. and add more hot water to the primary loop.

I'm taking a loop off the OWB and running it thru / under the WMO tank to preheat the oil. (Biggest problem burning WMO cold oil)

The trailer has a side door which I load the pallets thru.
I have lots of "down the road plans " All inside the trailer.

Paso One

Paso One

ArboristSite Member
What is your stove setting on? Looks like a nice set-up:clap:

Thanks

I fill the boiler twice a day and usually keep it set at 140 to 150 ish which has my water at 160.

When I am there working in the shop I will stoke up the boiler and turn up the stat to 180 plus and reap the heat it produces.

The biggest mistake I made was I thought the OWB in the trailer would "radiate " enough heat into the trailer to keep it the trailer warm inside. That was wrong I plan to take a 275 gallon tank for additional water storage and hope it will radiate enough heat to heat the trailer.

When summer comes I will make all my improvements. :)

Paso One

Paso One

ArboristSite Member
I can buy used overseas shipping containers for about $1500 around here.

Might try something similar hmm... if I can get it past the wife:sword:

Thats a good price they have been going up steadily here in Canada

I paid $1100.00 each for mine 6 -7 years ago

Ritchie bros auction here last fall they were going for $5000.00

Grab one ( after your wifes permission of coarse :)

Latest posts