Morristown NY '09 Race/GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attachment.php

I went, I competed, I F***ed up, got drunk then hit all the bars on the way home. So i guess it was a good day/night.

I went, I competed, I F***ed up, got drunk then hit all the bars on the way home. So i guess it was a good day/night.

Nerves can get to anybody, competing in front of a crowd is a lot different than practicing at home. Chalk it up as a learning expirience. Nerves got to somebody else too.........gotta remember to switch to saw back to "run" after the warm up:rolleyes:

Morristown GTG, 09

Well, had lots of fun. Quite a few people looked at the old saws. Glad the rain held off and glad to see the pictures and videos that are posted. Some people looking at the old saws couldn't believe that some were actually used to cut wood. The Fleetwood 200 was a bit of an oddity and the old Wright reciprocating saw got some attention. Most had never heard or seen a saw like that. My brother, Dale and I made a few demonstraton cuts with the old Disston DA-211 and I made a couple cuts with the old Disston D0-101. Most agreed that men were men when they used those saws for a days work cutting wood. Had lots of fun starting saws for those who were interested in hearing them run. Would like to also thank Troutfisher and his friends for the invite and help getting the old saws there to display. The cold beers at the end of the day were great also. All in all, had a great day and may just be tempted to do this again. Everyone take care. Lewis Brander.

Well, had lots of fun. Quite a few people looked at the old saws. Glad the rain held off and glad to see the pictures and videos that are posted. Some people looking at the old saws couldn't believe that some were actually used to cut wood. The Fleetwood 200 was a bit of an oddity and the old Wright reciprocating saw got some attention. Most had never heard or seen a saw like that. My brother, Dale and I made a few demonstraton cuts with the old Disston DA-211 and I made a couple cuts with the old Disston D0-101. Most agreed that men were men when they used those saws for a days work cutting wood. Had lots of fun starting saws for those who were interested in hearing them run. Would like to also thank Troutfisher and his friends for the invite and help getting the old saws there to display. The cold beers at the end of the day were great also. All in all, had a great day and may just be tempted to do this again. Everyone take care. Lewis Brander.

It was a pleasure having you there. I think you were more of a turn-out than the 2 bikesaws were. I know i enjoyed seeing the old saws that are twice my age. Sad thing is some of those started easier than my new ones do. I've always had an interest in the old saws.

Old Saws:

Hello boogieman. These old saws are just a hobby to me. They're fun to work on, repair and find informaiton about them. I spent the week fueling them up, starting them and doing some minor carb adjustments, etc to make sure they all were running. The biggest thing to make them run, is to have the timing set to specs and have a good hot spark. It always amazes me to see them come back to life with just a bit of cleaning and tinkering. Parts can be a problem at times, but so far I've had decent luck finding what I need and if needed have made such things as carb diaphragms for them along with other parts if they can't be repaired. I'm 61 and some of the saws are older than me. I always wonder if some of the newer saws will be running after 60+ years of use and sitting around as some of these old saws have done. Again I had lots of fun at the GTG and glad to meet you and everyone else there. Don't be afraid to pop in if your in the area. You take care. Lewis Brander.

Hello boogieman. These old saws are just a hobby to me. They're fun to work on, repair and find informaiton about them. I spent the week fueling them up, starting them and doing some minor carb adjustments, etc to make sure they all were running. The biggest thing to make them run, is to have the timing set to specs and have a good hot spark. It always amazes me to see them come back to life with just a bit of cleaning and tinkering. Parts can be a problem at times, but so far I've had decent luck finding what I need and if needed have made such things as carb diaphragms for them along with other parts if they can't be repaired. I'm 61 and some of the saws are older than me. I always wonder if some of the newer saws will be running after 60+ years of use and sitting around as some of these old saws have done. Again I had lots of fun at the GTG and glad to meet you and everyone else there. Don't be afraid to pop in if your in the area. You take care. Lewis Brander.

Great looking old saws...

Old Saws:

Hello Outdoorlivin. Got your PM nice looking old Mall 6 you have. Mine still need the cover for the helper handle and the rear handles repaired, just got to find someone who can weld up alluminum. I have another set for it, so between the 2 sets should be able to get one welded up that looks decent. I also have the decals for the bar and gas tank and will eventually get them on. For some reason the old girl didn't want to idle, so will do a bit of carb tinkering in the next few days. For now you take care. Lewis.

2010 Morristown GTG:

Just thought I'd bump this up again. Talked to Troutfisher this morning and he's planning another July 4th 2010 GTG. I'm in the process of selling my truck, but if I can, I'll borrow a truck and trailer and hopefully bring my saws to the show again this year. We'll see. Can't make a definate promice right now. Everyone take care. Lewis Brander.

Hey I just purchased a Fleetwood 55v I believe and the piston was froze in pretty good, I ended up breaking it trying to get it out. Any line on where I could locate one?

Back