mosquitos........

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClimbinArbor

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
is it me or are they worse than theyre normal selves this year. dont seem to be as big, but it is early. all this moisture isnt helping either.

You are right on, the skeeters are something fierce this year. Have to put on half a can of OFF just to drive to the woods. Some of these people's back yards are killer too.

It's common knowledge around these parts that it is an extreme year for them buzzards.

I've just been mullered over here in UK by the little bastids....down left hand side of neck and under chin about 100+ bites, and inside left elbow 20 bites, inside of right forearm and right elbow about 150+ bites, with worse being a mass of bites that formed two long raised ridges either side of a 3inch deep scratch on right forearm, and then a heap over my back, chest, legs and butt where some of the little s**ts got inside my clothing. This was all from one job lasting 2 hours near a river last week, and NOW I've got some repellent stuff!

lol now thats bad.

Gorilla tape works good for keeping crawlers and flyers out of your apparel, also keeps sawdust out of yer boots.....

It's been fairly dry and very, very hot in Austin, this year. Not many skeeters to really contend with. I'm happy about that, as my bites swell up to silver dollar size. I carry a Bite Extractor to suck the bites, within ten minutes from an attack. It keeps the swelling down and prevents itching. Camping stores carry it.

I will gladly trade you our chiggars fer your skeeters:monkey: we have them both bad this year. Seed ticks are bad also water is a hatching agent and
the whole midwest has got too much this year.

Just now lookin' at six new chigger bites on my legs. Trimmed about a dozen Red Oaks in high-grass country on Friday. I sprayed repellant and taped my boots, but they must have crawled in my pants from my waistband. I thought I had sprayed that area, pretty well, but the chiggers thought otherwise!

Just now lookin' at six new chigger bites on my legs. Trimmed about a dozen Red Oaks in high-grass country on Friday. I sprayed repellant and taped my boots, but they must have crawled in my pants from my waistband. I thought I had sprayed that area, pretty well, but the chiggers thought otherwise!

Feel the burn lol I just scratchem out sucks though we have
red bugs too a suped up woods chigger! I hate summer dern bugs stink
be great to head north in summer south in winter. Fire ants are getting
bad too I think illegals are carrying them up with them.

those big red chiggers are monsters lol. a nest of seed ticks sucks too. if you can feel them on your calf, most times you can stick your leg under a garden hose.

Feel the burn lol I just scratchem out sucks though we have
red bugs too a suped up woods chigger! I hate summer dern bugs stink
be great to head north in summer south in winter. Fire ants are getting
bad too I think illegals are carrying them up with them.

Now, fire ants----oh, those I have had plenty of experience with. They've been bad, here, since I arrived in '78. I actually don't meet them around the trees, but stop to munch a pb&j at lunch, on the grass, and you better watch real well where you plunk yourself down.

Now, fire ants----oh, those I have had plenty of experience with. They've been bad, here, since I arrived in '78. I actually don't meet them around the trees, but stop to munch a pb&j at lunch, on the grass, and you better watch real well where you plunk yourself down.

Yeah makes you think Indians sometimes staked an enemy down
on a bed as torture. I could not imagine that or worse burying
up to the neck in sand would not take long and buzzards would
be plucking well you get the picture.

There are two kinds of people in this world; those with loaded guns, and those who dig..... you dig near fire ants lol

Skeeters horrible here this year.

I thought they would be frozen? I guess tundra would be similar to swamp
when summer hits and the whooly swamp is the worst skeeter place I
have seen. Where the legend of boggy creek and the swamp ape lives
miles of cyprus and willow spanish moss and cottonmouths.

actually all the animals meet in a few spots over there when it gets green. all having babies. i saw pics of caribou look like they have mange from the bug bites. black swarms of em. bring your Off in a Solo sprayer lol

Back