Most Dangerous Tool........Chainsaw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want to say log splitter but the chainsaw beats it tenfold. I seen some really stupid people run a splitter and not get hurt but I would not think they would last a day with a saw.
These people who were scrounging wood by my place their sister lost the tips of her finger working the splitter.

That is one of the things I like about my splitter, the cradle automatically centers the log for you, and you just "uncenter" if you want (like to do a 3 piece split).

It is fast enough to not slow you down, but not an inertia splitter that will remove you fingers before you know it.

I'll continue to split by hand up at my cabin where most of the wood is Ash and splits easily (no worth hauling the splitter up there), but when I was splitting all that stringy Black Birch down here, I was real glad to have it. Also, I no longer throw forks off to the side, the splitter goes right through them.

My 339xp is one of the most dangerous tools I use on the farm even though it's my favorite saw and some of the best money I have spent. I realized it when we were planting tobacco this spring and saw my 73 yr old dad one-handing it while on his tip toes trying to get some limbs down around the fields. I do the same thing all while hold the trigger wide open. It's only a matter time before it slips. That thing is so lite it's easy to think you can one hand it.

I've been thinking about replacing it with a top handle or slap a 42" bar on the 372.

That's precisely why I love my wee Tanaka pole-pruner sooooo much. And, you can do so much cutting without moving your feet. Lets me easily do stuff that otherwise likely would send me to the ER or carpenter.

Late edit: Besides the 10" OEM bar (3/8" LP NK) that happens to fit std A041 mount, 14" 3/8" LP bar works just fine, in shagbark even. Just keep it SHARP and let it do its job. That's saved a few literal headaches, and likely will save more. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back