Most popular Stihl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stihl051master

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a question just out of curiosity - Does anyone know what the most popular/best selling Stihl saw of all time is?

That's not a series. The 028 and the Super were discontinued ages ago..and were great saws. They have nothing in common with the 029/290, which, while it may be the biggest seller, is a homeowner saw which only outstanding feature is its price.....well they do seem to last, I've heard.

Not to mention, the 028 was a white handle, the 029/290 are orange handle saws. Completely different. And yea 029/290 are the most popular saw by far.

Now this could be split into 2 categories - most popular Professional and most popular homeowner saw.

Now - what is the most popular selling pro Stihl? 044/440? 026/260?

My first thought to the question was the 028. After reading the replies and thinking more of it I will agree the 029/290.

The 029/290 is the best selling Stihl of all time. The thing has been made for 20 years and sells consistently to this day. Like has been stated Pro saws sell in less numbers than home owner saws only about 25% of our saw sales are pro Saws. At my shop our #1 selling saw is the MS250 and #2 saw is the MS180 and #3 is the MS290.

pop·u·lar
adj.
1. Widely liked or appreciated: a popular resort.
2. Liked by acquaintances; sought after for company.

i think some are confusing popular with best selling.

the most popular stihl saw to me is the ms440, if not the best saw they ever made, definately in the top two.

:chainsaw:

The 029/290 is the best selling Stihl of all time. The thing has been made for 20 years and sells consistently to this day. Like has been stated Pro saws sell in less numbers than home owner saws only about 25% of our saw sales are pro Saws. At my shop our #1 selling saw is the MS250 and #2 saw is the MS180 and #3 is the MS290.

It looks like the 250 & 290 bashers on here don't understand the term "marketing" too well :laugh: :laugh:

Latest posts

Back