most rigid 42"ish bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mopar1rules

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
What brand makes the most rigid bar in the 42"ish range? Stihl, Cannon, GB, Oregon, Forester, etc? Looking for a rigid, not so "wet noodle like" bar for my 088.

im a cannon dealer and although the bars are very pricey they are second to none in quality.

Cannon bars are great. They have a rep for being heavy, but they don't weight much more than Stihl. Stihl bars are excellent, as well, in my experience, and usually a bit cheaper. Tough to go wrong with either one.

Ok, so you charge list price or is there some % off the price that you can do?
not trying to speak for terry but list price is the generally accepted price on cannon bars unless someone is doing a group buy on them. I did a group buy on them last fall that was 15 or 20% off list price and i think terry has done the same thing in years past

Ok, so you charge list price or is there some % off the price that you can do?

I'd think a phone call to Terry or any of the other dealers is a bit more polite way to ask if they will do you a special price as opposed to asking in open publicly viewed forum. I may be wrong.. but I'd just pick up the phone personally.

I'd think a phone call to Terry or any of the other dealers is a bit more polite way to ask if they will do you a special price as opposed to asking in open publicly viewed forum. I may be wrong.. but I'd just pick up the phone personally.

I didn't mean to come off as impolite. I simply didn't know if "list price" was what I the customer pays, or if there was a different price I the customer pays. Just like MSRP on a vehicle.....none of us pay that. There's always a certain percentage lower that the customer pays. And if he's a dealer on this site, then I don't know what would be wrong with him posting prices on the bars.

The stiffest 42" bar is a Windsor 9000 harvester bar modified (by Chain Bar Repair) to fit your saw. I as one and it was 1/4" rather than the standard 3/16". It was very heavy on my Homelite 750 but worked well.

on a single bar, one time purchase ,the price I would ask would be list price. if you were buying a saw along with it I would cut a better deal. the bar will cost $20 or better to be shipped in to me from Canada and generally I eat that shipping. the customer only pays the shipping from me to them.

on a single bar, one time purchase ,the price I would ask would be list price. if you were buying a saw along with it I would cut a better deal. the bar will cost $20 or better to be shipped in to me from Canada and generally I eat that shipping. the customer only pays the shipping from me to them.
Ok. That clears things up....good to know.

Back