Moveable/stackable wood boxes made from pallets?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_0675_2.jpg I welded this one together out of angle - used psi treated lumber for floor and 3/4 plywood for sides - its 4x4x5 it holds a little over a 1/2 cord I have a smaller one for the pallet forks on the loader. I just load them up from the shed and drop them in the garage. Then take big plastic bins and bring wood into the house as needed - works great for my set up

I just started using steel totes. I figure 3 1/2 totes equals one cord. Full of half seasoned oak they are just over what I can pick up without helping with the loader. Next one I am going to try seasoned oak. This year I am going to try to fill enough with my less than great wood for the shop. Next spring plan to fill enough for shop and house. Thinking 20 totes. Picture is of dry pine and some popple.IMG_20140907_102951_775.jpg

I just started using steel totes. I figure 3 1/2 totes equals one cord. Full of half seasoned oak they are just over what I can pick up without helping with the loader. Next one I am going to try seasoned oak. This year I am going to try to fill enough with my less than great wood for the shop. Next spring plan to fill enough for shop and house. Thinking 20 totes. Picture is of dry pine and some popple.

I absolutely think those are the way to go if you have access to a lot of them for cheap.

The only thing better might just be a ton of steel mesh floor trailers, cut, split, throw in trailer, park. Go get another trailer. Burn season, drag one over by the door. heh.

They normally go for around $50-100 each in these parts. If they were under $20, I'd be buying all I could get my hands on and stacking em everywhere!

Filled a tote with seasoned oak. No problems lifting and moving with the 850 deere. I can get the totes for $15 each and have sold the poly tanks for $15 each so far.
What is the 850 rated to lift with 3 pt? 1/3 cord of seasoned oak likely weighs 1600-1900# by my internet research and estimation, but I wonder what your oak tote really weighs. Either way, that's great that it'll lift her no prob! Do you have any counter weight on the front end besides just a empty bucket?

What is the 850 rated to lift with 3 pt? 1/3 cord of seasoned oak likely weighs 1600-1900# by my internet research and estimation, but I wonder what your oak tote really weighs. Either way, that's great that it'll lift her no prob! Do you have any counter weight on the front end besides just a empty bucket?
I'd say its just under 1500 pounds. I don't have a problem with front counterbalance, the pressure relief kicks in with greener oak.

Latest posts

Back