ms.200t

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M.P

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
does anyone have trouble with the tank vent pipe splitting? i have two ms200t's and the first one i got a year a go the tank vent pipe keeps splitting and leaking fule? the second ones is new 3 months old no problems so far I'm getting pissed off repairing it!

M.P said:
does anyone have trouble with the tank vent pipe splitting? i have two ms200t's and the first one i got a year a go the tank vent pipe keeps splitting and leaking fule? the second ones is new 3 months old no problems so far I'm getting pissed off repairing it!

Yes, and it's been superceeded... The weight of the vent stresses the 1 inch of fuel line they use... This particular vent was only in production for a year. The new vent looks the same, but locks back into a slot in the handle.

I'd just tie the one you have back with a cable tie... The problem will be solved.

yes, it's a PITA... I get to fix a couple each month just like yours. The original vent in all 020T and MS200t up until about a year ago had a sponge-like material in the tank vent hole. They got crushed and damaged and then leaked. Stihl brought out a "vent kit" which had the vent on a the end of a inch section of fuel hose, but it spit the hose after a lot of stress. They changed it again by bringing out a lighter weight vent top, but the problem came back. It only takes a few minutes and a few cents in fuel hose to change it, but..

To convert to the new system where the vent is secured in the handle means you have to change the handle housing - not for the timid... and expensive. Tie wrap or a blob of RTV works well...

to anything you can (use a miniature cable tie) just to stop it flapping. Try tying it (loosely) to the impulse line.

Latest posts

Back