MS 250 has an issue

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbhooper

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I started my ms 250 yesterday for a quick cut. It started great, then bogged and then ran well enough to do the cut. I sat it down and it started revving. Looks to me like an air leak has popped up. It is an older saw and has been worked on once already. I think that I may attempt to sort this out myself. I am not much of a mechanic, but figured this one would be a good one to start figuring it out! I am hoping it is a boot etc., to keep it simple.

I managed to break this saw down to where I could check the boots. I decided that if that did not do it, that I was not going any farther. I checked the boot connections and put it back together. I got lucky! It seems to run fine again.

Hoop, they are a nice saw most of the time. I just serviced one that a strong lady has been using for the past six years. She loves the saw. Hers is an 025 that has no primer bulb. I used it rather hard for three years before she bought it from me. It still runs like a champ and the engine has great compression.

Hoop, they are a nice saw most of the time. I just serviced one that a strong lady has been using for the past six years. She loves the saw. Hers is an 025 that has no primer bulb. I used it rather hard for three years before she bought it from me. It still runs like a champ and the engine has great compression.
Hey, Ed. This has been a pretty good saw. A friend gave it to me, as it was bien chincado. I took it to my favorite saw mechanic in McCook and he worked out all of the bugs in it. It has run very well and I only have about 120 bucks in it. It has great compression and pops on the fifth pull. I would only have a 16-inch bar on it, had it been mine, but it does OK with the 18. I may be selling it to a friend, though, as he needs a small saw for limbing.

I have an 025 that I put together from parts, new and used. It has a primer bulb but no hoses going to it....Come to think of it, I guess it's an MS250 because of the flippy caps....

Attachments

• Stihl MS250 002.JPG
    Stihl MS250 002.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 9
  • Stihl MS250 001.JPG
    Stihl MS250 001.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 9
Back