ms-261 3/8 chain!?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I woke my dog up I was laughing so hard. Well said brother.
i tell all this not because the boy dont know nothing about saws, but he is not respect to some other members that they want to help him.
i have my opinion in something you have yours nevermind wich is better but i must listen yours and be respectfull even if my opinion is more good, even if you are wrong

No he can get a Piltz hotrod kit with an 11 pin and with the extra performance could quite easily run 36" .404. He dunna muff modd yuno.
Have you see my stihl ms 170 with harverter bar and chain ? the 880 is a toy in front of it :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

3/8" and 20" bar on my 026. Works great.

Depends on what you mean by great - it surely wouldn't be my choise, even though it does work...... ;)

I would stay with 16" and .325 as the main bar - then you can keep whatever else you like in addition, for use in special situations (or experiments).

16" with regular 3/8" on mine and it pulls fine. Easier to run the same chain on all my ground saws for the sake of not buying rolls of different chain.

Do you have any other saws that use pico?

What is the size of the chain on your other saws?

If you don't have pico, I'd say match whatever 3/8" chain your other saws are, but don't get square skip; too grabby.

Go with Full comp

Do you have any other saws that use pico?

What is the size of the chain on your other saws?

If you don't have pico, I'd say match whatever 3/8" chain your other saws are, but don't get square skip; too grabby.

Go with Full comp
And like most have said, 16-18" is best for 3/8"

Mostly softwoods around here. 026 does limbing and large branches, 046 takes over after that. Works swell. 20" means I don't have to bend over as far :)

At work, all of our ms260's run 3/8 .050 20" loops. They cut just fine.

As for all the jerk offs that posted in this thread, this is the reason i rarely get on this site any more.... yall are a bunch of richard cranium's.......

3/8" x .050" and 72 drive on a 20" bar work fine on my 261C. I like this because I have two other saws with the same set up and I mostly stock the same 20" bar and 3/8" chain, this simplifies things in the field.

okay sorry for being disrespectful to the members of this forum with my redundant questions. Is this a forum for hairdresser with sensitive emotions or chainsaw maniacs!?
Your question was not redundant, but I think you will find with your comments & attitude in this thread you might find that in future should you require any help you might not receive to many helpful reply's

Back