ms 280 won't start and leaking fuel

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slackerjpt

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm hoping you pros can help me out. I was doing a lot of cutting last week, and had a friend helping me out. I ran my new 261c(and love it) and I gave my buddy the ms 280 to run. By the end of the day, it looked like the oiler was not oiling very well. I briefly checked it and it was a little anemic. I decided today to do a little work on the saw to see what I could find. My first issue was that I was unable to start it. I put in fresh gas, checked and changed the plug, changed the fuel filter. Still not starting. After further inspection, It appeared that fuel was leaking out around the muffler area. I'm assuming this could be a more serious problem then not oiling.

So, what do you all think is going on, and where do I start?

Thanks everyone in advance for your help. I hope I can take care of it, and put it back into service soon.

:popcorn:

Flooded...you have gas in the crankcase...Nobody runs my saws but me. Hope he didn't straight gas it..!!

J2F

Yeah defiantly flooded, pull the muffler and light a lighter or torch in the exhaust port. I had one burn for 5 minutes one time. It's only a small blue flame by the way nothing extreme

Latest posts

Back