MS 310 Piston - 47mm Where do I get one? will an 031 piston work?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
StihlGuitar

StihlGuitar

ArboristSite Operative
The last post I could find on aftermarket was from 2008 which said there was no aftermarket for this saw. I have an oem 031 piston. While I know that the saws are totally different, at a moments glance they have the same displacement and bore....can i put an 031 oem piston in my ms310 or do i need to throw an 029 cylinder on it, which i have but need to get a piston for...

simonUK

simonUK

ArboristSite Operative
I have a very strong feeling that the 031 piston isnt going to work. Best bet would be to throw a 029 piston and cylinder in it as it is a clamshell and the 031 was not I may be wrong but just my 2 cents

sefh3

sefh3

Addicted to ArboristSite
I think the wrist pins are different between those pistons. It's been awhile since I have worked on a 310 but I think the rod was thicker on the 031 than on the 310. I could be wrong though. Measure them and see what they are.

ScottWojo

ScottWojo

ArboristSite Guru
Here.

Use this piston and sell your 029 cylinder on eBay to recoup the difference. Maybe pick up a $25. piston for it and throw the combo on eBay.

Then sell your 310 and buy a MS 360 pro.

Latest posts