MS 310 Piston - 47mm Where do I get one? will an 031 piston work?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StihlGuitar

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
The last post I could find on aftermarket was from 2008 which said there was no aftermarket for this saw. I have an oem 031 piston. While I know that the saws are totally different, at a moments glance they have the same displacement and bore....can i put an 031 oem piston in my ms310 or do i need to throw an 029 cylinder on it, which i have but need to get a piston for...

I have a very strong feeling that the 031 piston isnt going to work. Best bet would be to throw a 029 piston and cylinder in it as it is a clamshell and the 031 was not I may be wrong but just my 2 cents

I think the wrist pins are different between those pistons. It's been awhile since I have worked on a 310 but I think the rod was thicker on the 031 than on the 310. I could be wrong though. Measure them and see what they are.

Here.

Use this piston and sell your 029 cylinder on eBay to recoup the difference. Maybe pick up a $25. piston for it and throw the combo on eBay.

Then sell your 310 and buy a MS 360 pro.

i already have an 036....i have several saws.. this is a parts saw in perfect condition I picked up for 30$..needs top handle and piston...

I dont know ,but the 361 saw is a 47mm , i dont know if the piston pin location is corect.

All these suggestions of other pistons are good, I just hope that the OP lets the buyer know that the saw is running on something other than the original equipment piston.

Latest posts

Back