MS 361 Fuel Tank / Handle Replacement

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Log Splitter

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I had two great days in the woods cutting firewood this weekend, and then one bad morning today. I'm not admitting how I did it (you guys are too rough on us firewood hacks :) ), but I'll need to put a new fuel tank on my MS 361. :bang: :bang: :bang:

Does anyone have any advice on the teardown and rebuild? Any 'gotchas' that I need to know about before I start tonight?

Label all related parts in a baggie so you'll know what goes where later on.

Make sure all the gas and oil is out. Run the gas out of the carb, too. Or you'll get sprayed later when pulling the carb.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that has to change a tank , I had a chain break last week , pass by the chain catcher and under the clutch cover (chain catcher rubber had been gone for a while) and smacked the tank , now she leaks gas all over the place .
Let that be a lesson to make sure your gear is up to snuff .
How much was a new tank in your neck of the wood ?
I'd be happy with a used if someone has one .

I'm glad I'm not the only one that has to change a tank , I had a chain break last week , pass by the chain catcher and under the clutch cover (chain catcher rubber had been gone for a while) and smacked the tank , now she leaks gas all over the place .
Let that be a lesson to make sure your gear is up to snuff .
How much was a new tank in your neck of the wood ?
I'd be happy with a used if someone has one .

Are you looking for a MS 361 tank, dancan?

Yes I'd like to replace my tank .
JB Weld or fiberglass would probably work for the life of the saw but I would always know it's there (OCD kicking in LOL) .
Forestryworks is working on something for me :msp_thumbsup: but I was curious how much a new one was on your side of the line , 135.00 $$ up here plus 15% tax .

Yes I'd like to replace my tank .
JB Weld or fiberglass would probably work for the life of the saw but I would always know it's there (OCD kicking in LOL) .
Forestryworks is working on something for me :msp_thumbsup: but I was curious how much a new one was on your side of the line , 135.00 $$ up here plus 15% tax .

$114.50 here in north Louisiana. It comes with the trigger, fuel line, filter, and a new flippy cap. :)

Latest posts

Back