• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy MS 390 cylinder, chain brake handle, maybe top cover?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spring1898

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has a couple good used parts for the MS390

- Cylinder. (If nothing comes up here will grab a Hyway one on my next order for about $70)
- Chain brake handle (ms290 works too)
- Maybe a top cover with decomp if I get a decomp cylinder.

I have a very good condition 039 Mahle cylinder. No decomp. You can have it for what I paid, $75 plus shipping from 95683.

Thanks, any idea if that is the newer 039 style that upped the output, or what year saw it came off of?

Thanks, any idea if that is the newer 039 style that upped the output, or what year saw it came off of?

Only difference I’m a
ware of is I believe some of the 390 cylinders my have had a decomp. Have built many 290s with 039 tops and the power increase is amazing. No idea of the year of saw it came off of, as I bought it for a burnt up 290 that ended up needing much more tha I was willing to put into it.

Back