ms 390 mods what are worth it?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well i used a combination of a 3/8 drill bit and my dremel. I increased my high adjustment some It seems good. Whats the best way to judge it?
anyone know of a way so i can host pics?

bonescrub said:
Whats the best way to judge it?
anyone know of a way so i can host pics?

Do a search on here about tuning a saw, and learn how to do it. That's the best way to judge it.

As far as posting pics, when you're writing a post, scroll down the page, and there's the "Manage Attachments" tab. Take it from there.

Jeff

Lakeside53,
The low jet was not touched as it was a bit rich already. The high was turned out 3/8 of a turn because it was too lean. As for the limiting caps they are easily removed with the revers thread cap remover from stihl. I just de-nub the caps and replace.

Hey Ken, I was referring to the 390 specifically. Gimmie a break will ya? Read the title of this thread and the first post.

Lakeside, Chris is saying he opened the main jet 3/8 of a turn from the existing position, not 3/8 of a turn from closed.

skwerl said:
Lakeside, Chris is saying he opened the main jet 3/8 of a turn from the existing position, not 3/8 of a turn from closed.

That makes sence... Just checking as it wasn't clear in my post new year celebration fog....

skwerl said:
Hey Ken, I was referring to the 390 specifically. Gimmie a break will ya?

as far as giving you a break......no. what makes you such an authority on 390's how many do you own? how long have you had them? what mods have you had done to them? who modded them for you?

here is the pics of my muffler mod,
first is unmodded
2nd is after i drilled 2 3/8 holes in it
3rd is after i cut out ther space between the holes in the muffler and cut the screen holder thingey , I first started out with just a 3/8 on the screen holder thingey but i thought it needed more.
4th is modded and installed.
I will search about making fuel adjustments later and make sure it is right

Latest posts

Back