MS 660 Carberutor

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ricochet

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I need your recommendations for a adequate carberutor for my modified MS 660 work saw. Plan on running high octane pump gas/race fuel, if necessary to achieve maximum performance for the work done so far. It is a muffler saw so far, in overall like new condition. The port timing/transfer/blow down and such numbers are still be gathered by myself.

Any assistance would be appreciated:

Gary Gilpatrick
Grants Pass, Oregon

I would think the carb you have now should be adequate unless you are planning on putting an expansion chamber & running alchol . I am having my MS660 woods ported right now and the builder mentioned nothing of having to switch carbs. Somewhere else on the site I read it isn't necessary to run aviation fuel either. Premium works just fine.

I would think the carb you have now should be adequate unless you are planning on putting an expansion chamber & running alchol . I am having my MS660 woods ported right now and the builder mentioned nothing of having to switch carbs. Somewhere else on the site I read it isn't necessary to run aviation fuel either. Premium works just fine.

Jack-the-ripper: Thanks for the input. Top of the line (Chevron) with octane boosters is all I have ever ran and thought this might add more fuel and performance. I have alot to learn. Again, Thanks:

Gary

Jack-the-ripper: Thanks for the input. Top of the line (Chevron) with octane boosters is all I have ever ran and thought this might add more fuel and performance. I have alot to learn. Again, Thanks:

Gary

Unless you go crazy with the compression Good name brand super unleaded
will be good enough also the standard 660 carb should deliver enough fuel just check your plug WOT under load enrichen as needed. I know the 066 main jet is a fixed jet, not sure about the 660 mainjet,,,,if it doesnt flow enough it can always be tweaked,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Unless you go crazy with the compression Good name brand super unleaded
will be good enough also the standard 660 carb should deliver enough fuel just check your plug WOT under load enrichen as needed. I know the 066 main jet is a fixed jet, not sure about the 660 mainjet,,,,if it doesnt flow enough it can always be tweaked,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

RiverRat2: Thanks for the information. I am new at this and assumed I would also have to change my carberutor. This will make life alot simpler. Have plenty to learn about the rest of the modd's. Again, Thanks:

Gary Gilpatrick

My stuff is milled and ported and have never had to do any carb work.
You can buy jets though. Many of the 660 jets or 62 or 64. If you want more just buy a 68 or bigger. They are really cheap and any Stihl dealer has them.

Latest posts

Back