MS 660 flooding

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IMINTOGTOS

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi have a MS 660 Stihl has been running good. Gave my arms a break on the 028 when I when to restart the 660 would not restart and fuel is running out muffler. Any idea's?? HD

MS660 x2
038x2
026x2

Hi have a MS 660 Stihl has been running good. Gave my arms a break on the 028 when I when to restart the 660 would not restart and fuel is running out muffler. Any idea's?? HD

MS660 x2
038x2
026x2

Ehhhhhhhh I know this is silly but was the switch in the run position?
Anyway pull the plug turn the saw upside down and pull the cord a
few times then put a new plug in it and try it again!

Fuel valve needle could be bad or held open from dirt in the carb,or the diaphram could have a hole in it. I think if you cleaned the carb and installed an carb kit it probably take care of it if it isn't what rope said. If it is flooded , hold the throttle wide open and pull it with the compression release on until it starts. If it clears out and runs smooth , your ok. If it continues to flood I would do what I mentioned at first.

tried chokin it

Thanks for info, Been really cold here so I had choke on for a couple of pulls then flipped switch to regular start mode, from first pull there was no sign of life and I suspected something was going on.HD

Thanks for info, Been really cold here so I had choke on for a couple of pulls then flipped switch to regular start mode, from first pull there was no sign of life and I suspected something was going on.HD

I seldom choke a saw after it has been started mine
will go all day after initial warm up unless they are left
a good while! Always try without choke on a prewarmed saw.
Have you been able to start it since the fail?

Ms660

Going to put a vac on the fuel line and see if it holds first thing this morning. Got to put away 50 cords in the next month or so for the outdoor wood boiler no time for failures. HD:dizzy:

Going to put a vac on the fuel line and see if it holds first thing this morning. Got to put away 50 cords in the next month or so for the outdoor wood boiler no time for failures. HD:dizzy:

50 cords?........Thats a bunch of wood!!!!

50 cords= a stack of wood 4 feet high 4 feet wide and 400 feet long or 1 1/3 football fields.

yeap that is 50

I heat a 100 foot x 38 foot greenhouse all winter now we still are picking tomatoes and peppers. Have a month down in January then Feb has to be 75 degrees until May. Last Feb I burned a 8 cord grapple load in two weeks. Sounds like a lot but greenhouses are just plastic and don't hold much heat. Also heating My farmhouse old and not well insulated plus a farmstand all winter. I use two John Deeres one 45 hp 2150 with a dump trailer and run the verticle log splitter on my 140 hp 4455. Anyway the 660 I changed the plug today dumped out the residual gas and she fired right up. Maybe very sensitive to choke compared to my other saws. It had rum half hour but sat about an hour so I pulled it twice with the choke like I would the 046 or 038 but maybe caused the problem?? HD

I heat a 100 foot x 38 foot greenhouse all winter now we still are picking tomatoes and peppers. Have a month down in January then Feb has to be 75 degrees until May. Last Feb I burned a 8 cord grapple load in two weeks. Sounds like a lot but greenhouses are just plastic and don't hold much heat. Also heating My farmhouse old and not well insulated plus a farmstand all winter. I use two John Deeres one 45 hp 2150 with a dump trailer and run the verticle log splitter on my 140 hp 4455. Anyway the 660 I changed the plug today dumped out the residual gas and she fired right up. Maybe very sensitive to choke compared to my other saws. It had rum half hour but sat about an hour so I pulled it twice with the choke like I would the 046 or 038 but maybe caused the problem?? HD

Yup it happens to the best of us good it was easy:cheers:

Latest posts

Back