Ms 661

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I miss the screw caps. Never been a fan a flippy cap.

As do the flippy caps. I have both and the jury is still out here, not sure if I like them or not. I know the flippys in the 200t are a pita however the screw ins are hard to open when needed...

Heck, I'm not on in a couple weeks and I come back to pics of a 661C? :rock:

It looks very nice. And with the springs and m-tronic, it's got me wanting it. :D

I don't mind the flippy caps at all, and I also like the muffler. Always good when you can pop the front cover off IMO. The design looks kinda like the 461. I bet that baby will get up and go.

Last edited:
####. I was saving up for a 461... Now I will switch my tasks.. an Mtronic, spring A/V, flippy capped monster.

661c here I come. :msp_sneaky:

Don't know if its true or not but I decided to stop by my local dealer and ask about it, according to him mid march it will be out. Just thought I'd share that.

did you see the price $ 3090.00 it has a dollar symbol but at that number pasos maybe

Yes Australian and European prices are quite high. The 661 should be around $1300 when it hits the US.

Have just found this Ginalas - Katalogas » STIHL » Motoriniai pj?klai » Benzininiai pj?klai » Motorinis pj?klas STIHL MS - 661

it reckons the MS661 is going to have the following stats:

Power output - 5.4kw / 7.3hp
Cylinder volume - 91 cm 3
Weight - 7kg

not sure if they've got the weight right as they are also listing the 461 as 6kg not 6.7kg

660 has the following:

Power output - 5.2kW / 7.1hp
Cylinder volume - 91.6 cm3
Weight - 7.3kg

These look impressive .

If these are correct I wood imagine that current 660 owners better sell their saws NOW:

I just happen to want to help.
If you are stuck with a 660 in mint condition, and want to sell it before the market is flooded with "660" for sale ads, plz p.m. me with pic's and price. I'll help .
After all, what are friends for.

Uncle Muff:

These look impressive .

If these are correct I wood imagine that current 660 owners better sell their saws NOW:

I just happen to want to help.
If you are stuck with a 660 in mint condition, and want to sell it before the market is flooded with "660" for sale ads, plz p.m. me with pic's and price. I'll help .
After all, what are friends for.

Uncle Muff:

are you ready to buy a lot of 660's :hmm3grin2orange:

Latest posts

Back